Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Has your movie watching increased or decreased?

arunima25

Veteran

Reaction score
My husband and I have been movie lovers all our lives. Before the pandemic, we would end up visiting the theatre at least twice in a month on Saturdays. And if there were good movies releasing back to back, we would be there every week. Friday nights have been a ritual with us to watch late night TV/ movies and enjoy our drinks. Our theatre going frequency dropped drastically after the pandemic. We hardly visit theaters these days unless there is some really good movie released that is worth watching on big screen. We are more into OTT platforms. We get enough shows and movies on Amazon Prime and Netflix etc. We watch them on Friday and Saturday nights. Off late, we find that there is a drop in our interest there too. There are so many options and that can be overwhelming. When you have something available in abundance and easy to access, you tend to loose the charm.
What's your experience there?

For me it has increased. Though for now I do not have Friday nights where I can watch movies all through the night cause am usually very tired, so I tend to pass out or due to the activities i have on Saturday i always try to get as much sleep as i can. Besides all these, i still watch movies. I always make sure I have enough on my phone. There are times I get abit bored when working, hearing the sound of movies helps a lot

@eLdavis . That's one advantage that has come with all these OTT platforms and other streaming sources. You have no compulsion to finish them in a go as it would be in the case of visiting a theatre. You can watch it at your convenience whenever you want, wherever you want and even for how long you want to watch.

@eLdavis . That's one advantage that has come with all these OTT platforms and other streaming sources. You have no compulsion to finish them in a go as it would be in the case of visiting a theatre. You can watch it at your convenience whenever you want, wherever you want and even for how long you want to watch.
Lol very true, this is also why i prefer downloading them as well over streaming. Once downloaded I can choose to watch them at anytime without having to worry about my data consumption.

@eLdavis . Yes, many do that. That's the convenience technology has provided. And it's cheaper than visiting a movie theatre. But it comes with it's cons too. People get addicted to binge watching.

@eLdavis . Yes, many do that. That's the convenience technology has provided. And it's cheaper than visiting a movie theatre. But it comes with it's cons too. People get addicted to binge watching.
Yea it's way cheaper. The money i would use to buy a ticket for one movie is more than enough to buy data that would let me download more than enough movies and popcorn to eat along. Lol as for the addiction part you are about that, self control goes a long way.

I am more into cricket and like watching highlights of cricket matches played even 10 or 20 years before.

@eLdavis . Very true. We get cheaper entertainment at our convenience. Good that you have self control, many don't have.
@Kingpin . My husband and elder daughter do the same, watching some old cricket matches and football matches again and again.

For me, this time has decreased a lot due to the fact that now I prefer computer games, although movies are also interesting for me, but I don't have many interesting movies left because I used to watch a lot

Yes my movie watching has increased a lot because I have a lot of free chances now and I used to watch movies in the night but I do not attend movies theater because its far away from were I am living

It has decreased. During college days I used to watch first day first show of the movies in the theater but not now. It looks , I don't like the movies now. I don't have an urge to watch them. Only time I watch movies when my kids or wife are watching them and I give them company. BTW yesterday only we watched "Stree2" it's a good movie. Raj Kumar Rao has always been good to watch.

I no longer watch a movie after the pandemic. I only watch sometimes at home through Netflix. I am trying to allot some hours watching my favorite movie from my country but I could not find time now that I have offline and online businessess plus work.

@eLdavis . Very true. We get cheaper entertainment at our convenience. Good that you have self control, many don't have.
@Kingpin . My husband and elder daughter do the same, watching some old cricket matches and football matches again and again.
Lol, I know my limit, I know if I focus too much on that i won't be able to do anything for myself or be productive in my business.

It has decreased. During college days I used to watch first day first show of the movies in the theater but not now. It looks , I don't like the movies now. I don't have an urge to watch them. Only time I watch movies when my kids or wife are watching them and I give them company. BTW yesterday only we watched "Stree2" it's a good movie. Raj Kumar Rao has always been good to watch.
When was it released? although I have been so much busy now I will be glad to watch it because I enjoy watching the recent one the way I hope so

@deucher It happens when people develop other interests. Our interests might not remain the same throughout.
@MamaFrankie . Is there any other form of entertainment that you enjoy?
@Scorpion . Quite understandable. You have a lot on your plate to find out time for movies. My movie time is limited to Friday and Saturday late nights.
@eLdavis . Good to have a self control and discipline. You don't get carried away.
@Sanjeev . I heard that the part 2 is coming soon. But I was not aware that it's already released. I enjoyed the first one, I love Rajkumar Rao's acting. Is it a sequel? Or just using the franchise name?

Yes it is sequel of first part. First part was not horror but this one contains some scenes which will make you shiver. Overall it's a good movie, you can watch it for one time. As in first part Raj Kumar Rao is incomendable.

Haha I today relived the IndvsPak game that happened at MCG and it was a great cricket match that I can watch many times

Haha I today relived the IndvsPak game that happened at MCG and it was a great cricket match that I can watch many times
That's great. India Pakistan cricket match is always more than a game, it's much bigger than that. Fans love to see them again and again. I am a big fan of Sachin, Dravid and Sehwag. I would have seen many of their innings a couple of time with my husband and elder daughter.

Back