Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Go back or forward in time?

Excommunicado

Signing off

Reaction score
If you had the choice to either go back or go forward in time, which one would you choose and why?

How can you go forward in time if the future hasn’t happened yet?

Well no to this one because you’d end up without your loved ones sooner, and you go too far ahead they’ll be decreased and you may have no idea why, having not experienced it all. Now that’s what you call traumatic. I think this accidentally answers your question too @Lucy Lacemaker :p

If you had the choice to either go back or go forward in time, which one would you choose and why?
Live in the present as any psychologist will tell you :D

You could go forward in time to find out what your future holds for you. It could also mean in the context of skipping the current chapter of your life. I personally wouldn’t want to go forward in time because it seems illogical to me but someone might want to! :p

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking on the concept of time and that maybe time shouldn’t be measured the way we think of it…

I've watched everything which have been acted in movies where time is messed with to change or do something, it never ends well. It's like what happened in all the Flash TV shows, mess with me time, and pay for the consequences. I'm very comfortable where I'm at in this current time. Let the past stay in the past, the future, we will meet tomorrow.

Past. Things were better then and Britain was not so Draconian. Or even further back so that I could be back in Ireland.

I'm very happy in my present time. My past will always be left alone and I'll be looking forward to what tomorrow will bring.

Id have to go back in time to tell my past self to invest in Google, Apple. Maybe Mine some bitcoin while you are at it :)

Id have to go back in time to tell my past self to invest in Google, Apple. Maybe Mine some bitcoin while you are at it :)
They experienced layoffs though didn’t they?

The issue is when the pandemic occurs the market is so unprdictable! Many have lost money by investing in tech during covid, for stock prices to shoot down as redundancies in big tech were made!

I'd like to go forward in time. I wouldn't want to go to the past as that is what past me wanted to do. Yes, mistakes were made, but that was me in the past.
I'd want to see what the future is to bring and see what it is like.

I would do exactly the same thing because it will ensure how rich and comfortable I'm going to be in the current time now. I wouldn't even need to mine BTC. I will just invest $5000 in it when it's below $10 per BTC 😂.

I would go back in time to my High Schhol years and re-do it all over again, pay more attention in class, study harder, not worry about stupid, minor things, study for my SATs and do better overall.. that would have set me up to go to a better University and would have changed my entire career and future.

I would prefer going forward in life to see the future. What am I going to do with the past which I've lived? Future is better than the past.

I try to live in the present, past is gone, and what is done is done, future has not yet arrived and future does not actually come because when you reach the future it alters into present, you cannot stay in the future. However, to answer the funny question, I would say I would go forward because I want to know the unknown.

I would prefer going forward in life to see the future. What am I going to do with the past which I've lived? Future is better than the past.

True. If you look at your past, there might be somethings which you might want to change but since they have happened in the past, it's better to leave them in the past and work on your future which isn't certain. Do things right by yourself and it will better your life.

For me, I would not really like to know the future, because if such a thing were possible, then it would not be interesting, but it would be interesting to investigate the past and it is possible to see some moments that were very controversial in history, and also to see with my own eyes a lot of moments, but by this you would not violate anything in the world

When you know what is going to happen in the future, it will give you all the time to make preparations so that whatever you have already known that is going to happen in the future will be something you are going to take advantage of. But when you are going back in your past, whatever have happened in your past is always going to be like that and you cannot be able to change it again.

I believe in going forward. I want to be there for the future and what the future will bring and not worry much about it. There is no point going back. I mean my present is better than my past. So, why should I be looking backwards?

Back