Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Gaming and Mental Health

Sweerie_b

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Gaming can be a powerful escape for many of us, but it's also important to talk about its impact on mental health. How do you find balance between gaming and taking care of your mental well-being? Any tips for maintaining a healthy relationship with gaming?

To have a balance between playing games and not playing games is the ability to focus more on when to rest and when not to rest.

You shouldn't be playing games to the stage where you will be physically drained as that will affect your mind.

It is very important to always take a rest whenever you are playing games. I don't see any reason anyone should be playing games even when their mental health is under stake.

At least, always find a way to relax and rest from the pressures that come with gaming. It is one thing that will go a long way in helping one find the balance that is needed.

I believe that it is very important that we observe how those that are addicted to gaming end up becoming depressed. So, we have to find a balance between playing games and how it affect your mental health.

I take breaks some of the time from gaming when I understand that it is taking too much from me. The balance is always very important to me.

Like they say, too much of everything is bad. These days most of our phones comes with apps that can help us control the amount of hours we play games, there even apps that can help us do this. While playing games is a good way to escape, we should not be too into it. The kinds of games we play can also affect our mental health.

As for me, games do not have a negative effect on me. For me, games are a way to distract from problems and it only helps me. But if a person has problems, games can not always help and even worsen the situation

Finding that balance is so important. For me, it's about setting reasonable time limits, taking breaks, and having other hobbies/activities. Gaming should be fun, not an obsession. I also try to avoid games that are designed to be addictive grinds. Moderation is key, when I find myself losing track of time or neglecting other aspects of life, that's a sign to step away.

Back