Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Fighting Back Against Harassment

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Aside from lawsuits, it seems like people aren't fighting back. Well, in the case of school, it was thought in the 1980s, as evidenced by The Karate Kid and countless movies, that kids should fight back against bullies. There was no movement to convince bullies to be kind. That's about as silly as convincing Hitler to give back Poland. :D

Last edited:
I wasn't bullied at high school because I know how to stand up for myself. I defended some kids whom I could whenever I had the chance to do so. I will never support bullies.

Fighting back against harassment is crucial for creating a safe and equitable society. It empowers individuals to reclaim their dignity and sends a strong message that such behavior will not be tolerated. Everyone deserves to live free from fear and intimidation.

People are harassed every day and if you spend your energy replying to everyone then most of the day is lost there is something more crucial in life. You could prevent reply to this person for your safety because being so nervous it is not something good.

To be able to stop harassment in school, people need to fight back. You don't have to be weak or act like the understanding one because you want to make peace. If you are being harassed by anyone at school, it is important to fight back. You can't let anyone push you to the wall without doing anything about it.

To be able to stop harassment in school, people need to fight back. You don't have to be weak or act like the understanding one because you want to make peace. If you are being harassed by anyone at school, it is important to fight back. You can't let anyone push you to the wall without doing anything about it.
Some people could film this harassment and go to the teacher about how could act well in such situations, then bad elements will be kicked from the school add to juridical responsibility if they do some violent actions add to harasement.

It would be useless and foolish to fight back. Because

1. These bullies are cowards who dare not to take their opponent unless outnumbered 1 against 3
2. They are like pigs, they enjoy getting dirty and playing in the mud
3. They make sure that they can hurt you before they attempt

I have nephews/nieces and they all know that I am not a preacher of peace. When a kid beats them, I encourage them to beat the kid back instantly. People tell me that I am teaching the kids violence but I can't have weak kids around me. That's how bullying starts. When you fight back, they know you can't be a target.

I've always fought back and it landed me in a lot of trouble including going to jail a few times for as long as 3 months at a time. It got me nowhere because human nature is what it is and won't ever change.

How do you propose to fight back against harassment, through kicks and punches? Lawsuits are also not the answer to end harassment. The only way to end harassment is through proper education and cultural assimilation. We need to teach about one world and one people to end harassment.

I am not sure it works. Some people do not understand decent languages and gestures. All they understand is pain and fear. It is easier to use one to communicate with those thugs.

How do you propose to fight back against harassment, through kicks and punches? Lawsuits are also not the answer to end harassment. The only way to end harassment is through proper education and cultural assimilation. We need to teach about one world and one people to end harassment.
You have got to be firm. You have got to stand up to the person that harasses you. Stand your ground. Don't yield. If it is out of hand, report to the authorities. There are certain things that would continue to exist as long as humans exist no matter how much you try. And harassment is one of them.

The fact that most kids don't know how to fight back against bullies is what is still making harassment a big problem till today. Parents particularly need to step up and teach their children to be strong and resist those bullies.

There is always mentally weaker children. It is like the last compartment of a train, there is no avoiding that one.

Bullies are a part of our character and society. They are the cowardest of all people alive.

Bullies tend to go after does who they believe they are stronger than. Hence they tend to look for does weaker than them to oppress. The best way to fight back is to not show weakness. It's definitely not gonna be easy but stand up to them.

God forbid that I would raise kids that would be mentally weak. I would teach my children from day one to be fighters. They must learn to stand up against bullies. If another child bullies my child by beating them, I would teach them to beat that bully back even with a more brute force.

I have never like bullies at all in school. I was not a bully but I don't allow them to bully other students. I learnt to defend myself and also defend those that are too afraid to do that for themselves.

I am always happy when I see students fighting against those bully ones. Though it won't stop bullying but at some length, those guys will be careful and watch their back.

Back