Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Ever run away from home?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I've always heard and seen some teenagers run away from home for one silly reason or another. It just doesn't apply to me because I've never had any reason to run away from home. If I ever did, my parents will deal with me in ways I wouldn't forget in my life.

Have you ever run away from home? Where did you run to?

I didn't have to run away, I was kicked out- and good riddence. My parents were very abusive.

My parents were very good to me. I never had any reason to run away from home. I was an obedient child who never gave them any serious troubles.

I wasn't abused in any way by my parents. I was given the best life as a kid, so there wasn't anything to drive me away from home. Also, I never kept friends who are of bad influence to me.

I have never run away from home.
I had no reason to run away. I love my home and my family.

It's cold and harsh outside the warmth of home. I would never run away from home no matter what I have done wrong. I will wait for my parents to come and give me the punishment for my sins. I would rather serve my punishment at home no matter how painful it's going to be than run away from home.

Never. Running away from home can put individuals in dangerous situations and sever important relationships. It is essential to address issues and seek support instead of resorting to running away, which can lead to more harm than good.

I have never run away from home.
I had no reason to run away. I love my home and my family.
Running away from home will never be the right thing to do because it will not solve the problem, so why running away? Unless, there is a case of serious abuse by your guardians, then running away from home to seek for help would be a good decision.

I remember a few times when me and my mum would argue, I would run away from home for a short while. It was usually to a friends house or I would go to the park and sit and be on my own but I would come back eventually.

Never. Running away from home can put individuals in dangerous situations and sever important relationships. It is essential to address issues and seek support instead of resorting to running away, which can lead to more harm than good.
This about putting someone in a very dangerous situations have happened with a girl in my neighbourhood. She should be around 17 years old when she ran away from home after having a misunderstanding with her mother. She didn't come home for 2 days. It ended up being that she was raped in an alley. She put herself in a big mess.

I remember a few times when me and my mum would argue, I would run away from home for a short while. It was usually to a friends house or I would go to the park and sit and be on my own but I would come back eventually.

I only ran out of the house once when I broke a plate at the kitchen 😢. My mom yelled at me and I can't even take it and it made me to run away from the house although, I didn't stay out till the next day as my dad came looking for me. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all!

It could arrive if your relationship with your parents is not good with your parents. Either you are going in the wrong part or they are too severe. But it could lead to bad consequences. I had done this once when redoing the baccalaureate exam for a control session and going to the house of my aunt when the results said that I had to redo the year for one week until their anger decreased. Next year, I succeeded with a good score mark in the baccalaureate exam.

I only ran out of the house once when I broke a plate at the kitchen 😢. My mom yelled at me and I can't even take it and it made me to run away from the house although, I didn't stay out till the next day as my dad came looking for me. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all!
You are given a soft hand by your mother for her to only yell at you after breaking a plate. If it was my mother, she will beat you so badly that you're going to keep wondering if it was only because of the broken plate she's beating you in this manner.

You are given a soft hand by your mother for her to only yell at you after breaking a plate. If it was my mother, she will beat you so badly that you're going to keep wondering if it was only because of the broken plate she's beating you in this manner.

I don't like to be shouted at. I have some mental resistance to being shouted at, and I can get really angry at being shouted at or avoid the person. It is better to flog me with cane than yelling at me for doing something wrong. So, that was the reason I ran away from home.

Children do not have this thinking that it costs a lot of money and may families get a bank loan to buy this kitchen, them they want to try and buy something expensive, they are younger to understand the concept of money and costs.

I can't run away from home even if I was maltreated. Home will always be better than being outside with all the uncertainty out there.

I can't run away from home even if I was maltreated. Home will always be better than being outside with all the uncertainty out there.
It could be at a certain age when you are too young but I do not guarantee if it lasts long. If parents are the kind of a person who resolve their problems by violence it is not a suitable life.

I don't like to be shouted at. I have some mental resistance to being shouted at, and I can get really angry at being shouted at or avoid the person. It is better to flog me with cane than yelling at me for doing something wrong. So, that was the reason I ran away from home.
I can understand that some people are built this way. It makes it hard or even impossible for them to withstand being shouted at. It have then frozen up. Is this something that you're still dealing with today or have you managed to outgrow it in your adult stage?

When I was in my teens, I once ran away from home. I was gone for two days. I was so frustrated with so many things that I wanted to go into a seclusion. However, you needed money for that purpose and I did not have money, so I came back to home after two days. In the mean time, My family was already in a desperate search

Unless your family as a child was twisted and broken, that would be only when they won't make any attempt to look for you when you run away from home. They are going to say, when you're tired running, you will come back home. But if your family is healthy, they'll be restless until you're back home.

Back