Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Debate Elon Musk Says Working from Home is Evil

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score

What he's saying is that work from home people want some unfair easier existence than people who have to report to work. However, that's not always the case. In fact, a job with deadlines working from home can be much harder than many jobs where you report to work.

As much as I try to understand him, he doesn't have a point. Whether it is work from home or reporting to work, work is work. Both are stressful in their own lanes, so there should be no comparison like this.

I feel people who work from home always benefit from a good work environment. While doing office work, they can do other activities simultaneously. Also, at work, you have to commute daily as you spend money on it.
But the people who work from home are equally productive as the people who work at the site or workplace.

How did he say that, every worker steated to make money from his home

That's his own opinion, working from home is not easy, so looking down on people who work from home.

I feel people who work from home always benefit from a good work environment. While doing office work, they can do other activities simultaneously. Also, at work, you have to commute daily as you spend money on it.
But the people who work from home are equally productive as the people who work at the site or workplace.
Truly the cost of transportation from the house to the work place will not be there when one is working from home. I guess that is another advantage.

Since 2020, I've been working from home, and I can definitely say it beats sitting in traffic for 3 hours a day. Commuting wasn't great for my health. When I had to go into the office every day, I only worked exactly 8 hours because of the 3-hour commute. Now, without the commute, I work much longer than 8 hours and am able to give more time to my job than I did before.

Last edited:
That's his opinion and I disagree, just like I disagree with many of his other statements. I have a hybrid schedule, twice a week I work from home and 3 days a week I work from the office and it is perfect for MY type of work. There are a few tasks that require my presence at work and cannot be completed from home. Whether I work from home or the office I have tasks and responsibilities and as a professional and as an adult I have a set schedule to get everything completed.
As long as an organization / place of employment provides the right training and guidance, any one can be successful working from home.

I understand where you're coming from, but a hybrid approach definitely works for me. Splitting my time between home and the office allows me to focus on different tasks in each environment. There are definitely things that need to be done in person, but overall, having a set schedule helps me stay productive wherever I am. With the right training and support, I think many people can thrive in a work-from-home environment too.

Truly the cost of transportation from the house to the work place will not be there when one is working from home. I guess that is another advantage.

But I have seen one of my friends who works from home and the boss understands that people who work from home have more time than others so they have to work more. I have seen him sitting in front of the computer for 10-11 hours and sometimes even on the weekends though they are compensated for it.

I think he thinks that the work environment needs to be continuously monitored, which has its benefit. I feel working from home can only work for certain type of jobs

But I have seen one of my friends who works from home and the boss understands that people who work from home have more time than others so they have to work more. I have seen him sitting in front of the computer for 10-11 hours and sometimes even on the weekends though they are compensated for it.
Truly, those who work from home are expected to do more tasks compared to their counterparts that commute to work. They feel that it is only fair for them to do more since they are not moving around.

Since 2020, I've been working from home, and I can definitely say it beats sitting in traffic for 3 hours a day. Commuting wasn't great for my health. When I had to go into the office every day, I only worked exactly 8 hours because of the 3-hour commute. Now, without the commute, I work much longer than 8 hours and am able to give more time to my job than I did before.

Elon Musk has always been the type that makes controversial statements and cares less about how everyone is going to react. I believe that he does that to get attention drawn to him even if it means him sounding stupid with some talks.

Elon Musk has always been the type that makes controversial statements and cares less about how everyone is going to react. I believe that he does that to get attention drawn to him even if it means him sounding stupid with some talks.
Lol, it doesn't look like you like the guy at all. Truly he didn't make much sense, I guess money doesn't equate to wisdom.

I work 4 days a week from home and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Truly, those who work from home are expected to do more tasks compared to their counterparts that commute to work. They feel that it is only fair for them to do more since they are not moving around.

Because the owner thinks that people who work from home get the benefits of time and money (as they don't have to commute), they are asked to work more than their counterparts. Few of my friends say that their boss thinks that if they are at home, they should work 2 hours more than others.

Sometimes when you have money, you are allowed to say almost anything and go away with it. Such is the case with Elon Musk.

Sometimes when you have money, you are allowed to say almost anything and go away with it. Such is the case with Elon Musk.
Hahaha funny but that's the simple truth. The same way you could say anything and people would accept it as an actual word simply because you have money. Working from home might have not worked out for him, it doesn't mean it won't work out for the next person.

Lol, it doesn't look like you like the guy at all. Truly he didn't make much sense, I guess money doesn't equate to wisdom.

It is not about whether I like him or not. It is all about understanding that he always says things that are dumb. Just take a look at this statement and let me know if he is making any sense.

Back