Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Does age matter in love?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
Age can be a factor in a relationship, but it doesn’t necessarily determine the success or happiness of a partnership. What’s more important is mutual respect, understanding, and compatibility between individuals. Love knows no bounds, including age, as long as both partners are on the same page and share a deep connection.

What are your thoughts on this?

No, love doesn't see the age, it happens with anyone of any age. I am in mid 40s and I love my nephews and nieces who are in their teens. Yes, age matters when I have to get in to the relationship.

Age does matter because there are Gold diggers who are ready to marry even the people of their Grand dad or Grand mom age.

No, love doesn't see the age, it happens with anyone of any age. I am in mid 40s and I love my nephews and nieces who are in their teens. Yes, age matters when I have to get in to the relationship.
The usual response of the people is that, age does not matter. For them age is just a number but for me age matters a lot. My ex was 3 years younger than me but I felt it was not right. I felt awkward being in a relationship with a man younger than me. I told him quits.

Personally I do not think age matters when it comes to a relationship. The most important thing is that they are both of legal age and they truly love each other. Though there are persons who tend to consider age a lot.

Personally I do not think age matters when it comes to a relationship. The most important thing is that they are both of legal age and they truly love each other. Though there are persons who tend to consider age a lot.
Wow, my salute to you at least you don't matter if the girl is older than you. What matters will be love and mutuality in many aspects like high tolerance patience, enduring hardship, and never feeling tired of loving.

Wow, my salute to you at least you don't matter if the girl is older than you. What matters will be love and mutuality in many aspects like high tolerance patience, enduring hardship, and never feeling tired of loving.
Indeed these are the things that matters. There needs to be genuine respect for both parties irrespective of the age difference.

Indeed these are the things that matters. There needs to be genuine respect for both parties irrespective of the age difference.
That is how to build a strong relationship a genuine respect for the two people in love regardless of age. My bro married a lovely lady 5 years younger than him but it turned out his wife was cheap, and had been a prostitute. My bro did bit know because he works abroad. His wife ran away with a married man and they are both drug addicts, My brother felt devastated but thankful for the truth behind his wife's real attitude.

Age doesn't really matter when it comes to love. If there is mutual respect amongst two people that are in love, age difference won't ever be a factor that would come to play.

For me age matters when the guy is younger than me. I like older than me even 20 years. Younger men might be easily tempted though not all but there is 78 percent probability. It's better for a man to be older than a woman. It's only my opinion.

In my opinion, age matters. I say this because I have a distant relative who decided to start a relationship with a much older woman and they also said that love has no age, but it all turned out to be delusional because after a few months they broke up because they realized that they are from different generations and just can not live together

In my opinion, age matters. I say this because I have a distant relative who decided to start a relationship with a much older woman and they also said that love has no age, but it all turned out to be delusional because after a few months they broke up because they realized that they are from different generations and just can not live together
True this. You don't get to marry someone from a different generation all in the name of age doesn't matter. But someone that is older or younger than I am within a five years range is easy for me to work with.

Many believe that age is not a hindrance in terms of love. What matters is mutual love, respect from each other, and constant communication. My sister is 6 years older than her husband but they live happily with their children who are now in high school. They remain sweet, faithful, and so in love,

In some ways we can say that and there was a time when I was love with an elderly lady who used to be my class teacher LOL

In some ways we can say that and there was a time when I was love with an elderly lady who used to be my class teacher LOL
Is this one not overboard? But it is still valid though. A french president married his high school teacher who was about 40 years older than him. The lady's first son was his senior. You can imagine a step son being senior to a step father.

Were you in genuine love or some obsession?

Is this one not overboard? But it is still valid though. A french president married his high school teacher who was about 40 years older than him. The lady's first son was his senior. You can imagine a step son being senior to a step father.

I think it was just obsession and it was just from my side although our age difference was only around 12-15 years but she was already engaged and got married the next year and left

The age difference is pretty hight but I have seen others with much larger age difference than this. It might be weird but I guess the most important thing is are they happy?

Many say that age is just a figure in terms of love. What the two are after is true love, respect, understanding, and perseverance. No one can persevere without respect for each other's dos and don'ts. Love may last forever.

Yes off course it matters regarding to your age you can't just go and want to fall in love with some that is not you age mate because children of now a days have the opportunity to make love with their besty because they cannot get married to each other and they were in love

Age doesn't matter when it comes to loving anybody. I can say that age is a barrier for me in relationship. I can't be in a relationship with a younger guy. Even if he has all the qualities that I want and I'm his senior, I won't go ahead with the relationship.

I can love people of any age be it an old person, younger or adult, age doesn't stop me from loving them.

Back