Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you use public transport?

@Ginger How do you get to work each day?

I have not taken public transportation for the past 15 to 20 years. In the past, before I had a car, I would take the bus to work. There used to be a lot of people in the bus, and I used to sweat and get soaked. I dislike traveling by public transportation.

@Ginger How do you get to work each day?

I have not taken public transportation for the past 15 to 20 years. In the past, before I had a car, I would take the bus to work. There used to be a lot of people in the bus, and I used to sweat and get soaked. I dislike traveling by public transportation.
My office is not so far away so I travel by motorbike and it only takes 15-20 mins so it is the best option for me and I don't even prefer to travel via a bus

That's good. When you live in a congested area like I do, it's better to use a two-wheeler. For a short distance, it's not preferable to travel by bus. Do you have Metro at your place? It's a good way to commute, but not during office hours, @Ginger.

That's good. When you live in a congested area like I do, it's better to use a two-wheeler. For a short distance, it's not preferable to travel by bus. Do you have Metro at your place? It's a good way to commute, but not during office hours, @Ginger.
No we don't have metro as yet but maybe soon but since it does not take me long to travel to office so I prefer to move with my bike and I even drove with cycle once or twice lol

It's a superior choice. You seem to be concerned about your health 😅

Since my workplace is 25 kilometers from my house, I will never consider riding a bicycle there. Since my school was two to three kilometers away and using a bicycle was viewed as an indicator of wealth back then, I frequently traveled there on bicycle.😅

I am planning to start with cycle at least once a week or once in 2 weeks so that I can get back in shape or at least try to get back in shape

That's true. My dad had to keep his car aside and use public transport. It gets worse for those that have cars with excessively high fuel consumption. Public transportation becomes a cheaper alternative in such circumstances.
Yes, and it is very sad when you think about it. Imagine having a car but you cannot drive it because of fuel scarcity. That means the comfort that is supposed to come with having a car is gone at that particular time.

Back