Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you still lend money to anyone?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I used to lend money to my family and friends who are very close to me whenever they have money problems. As long as I have the money to lend them, I'll give it out. Unfortunately, most of them haven't been forthcoming with paying it back when they're meant to and this have been a very serious problem. As a result of this, I've stopped lending money to anyone.

Do you still lend money to your family and friends?

I only lend money to close family if they need it.
Other than that, I don't lend money to anyone else.

Never! I will never give a penny to anyone in form of loan because they will never pay when they agreed to pay up. I have lost more than $1000 which I lended to my friends and also family members, none of them paid me back the money. I may gift someone money but will never lend.

I also used to lend to all my relatives and I can't understand why it is so difficult for people to return what belongs to me. I don't have friends anymore because most of them were just like that. I also lend money only to relatives, but I need to know what they want to spend it on, because if I don't think it's necessary, I won't give money

I really do not lend money out. I have been burned way to many times to keep doing it.
This was the same exact experience which I had with lending money to friends and family. I kept giving other people chance to prove to me that there is actually someone who can be trusted to repay the money they took as a loan but sadly, none of them had the intention to pay back.

When I have money and when my siblings and close friends (from real life) need, I always eager to lend money. However, I always keep the amount low. I do not lend big amount. When amount is low, I do not mind even when they cannot return. By the way, when ever I lend money, I always get return. I also frequently borrow from them

I will not call the money which I'm giving to my siblings or any of my family members including my parents as lending them money because I know they will not 99% of the time pay me back the money. I will only call it money used in supporting them in what they want to do and never expect it back.

I still lend money to my friends and family members. Especially if they need it more than me. After all my bills are paid, of course.

I still lend money to my friends and family members. Especially if they need it more than me. After all my bills are paid, of course.

Everyone need money. I will not use because a friend of mine or a family member needs money more than I do and become a fool to them. I have been burned more times by friends whom Iend money to because they never pay back. It's only my mother I can give money freely.

Everyone need money. I will not use because a friend of mine or a family member needs money more than I do and become a fool to them. I have been burned more times by friends whom Iend money to because they never pay back. It's only my mother I can give money freely.
I’ve been burned before in the past as well and those same people aren’t in my life anymore. They cant call nor text me for any favors at all. When people don‘t pay you back that’s when you know you can cut them off from your life.At least thats my motto

I’ve been burned before in the past as well and those same people aren’t in my life anymore. They cant call nor text me for any favors at all. When people don‘t pay you back that’s when you know you can cut them off from your life.At least thats my motto

It is also the something I have done to those whom have betrayed me when it comes to lending the money without receiving the payment back from them. I have made the decision that there is no need for me to be in any kind of communication or relationship with them because they are not trustworthy people.

I don't. I have money out to someone some days back, the person was in need and promised to pay back once he gets his salary. He has finally been paid but he still refuses to pay back, so I think am done lending out.

I once had a friend ask for money, but I didn't have it then because I just paid the utility bills, but he didn't believe me and just thought that I didn't want to lend him, and that's why he decided not to communicate with me because I'm greedy, but I can also borrow funds only after I myself will be provided with them for the next month

When it comes to money, don't borrow. Don't lend either if you can manage.

Money has this strange ability to make people enemies.

When it comes to money, don't borrow. Don't lend either if you can manage.

Money has this strange ability to make people enemies.
It always does. I have made up my mind not to lend money to anyone. I would rather give what I can afford, no matter how small. It even gets worse when you need to lend to family and friends. They don't always have the inkling to pay back. That is a recipe for enmity.

I have stopped lending money to anyone. I have discovered that whenever I lend money to a friend, the issue of repayment will make both of us stop being friends.

So, for that reason, I decided to stop lending money to anyone so as to have my peace of mind.

Yes I do because I have an understanding friend circle and most of my coworkers are decent and they always return money on time.

I have always desired to be able to help people but the way people have become reluctant to pay debts after they have looked helpless to get it is terrible. I don't want to get into the bad books of anyone, so I avoid lending money to people.

Featured Articles

Back