Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you still celebrate your birthday?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
There was a time when I always celebrated my birthday no matter what's happening. If work wouldn't let me do it on the day of my birthday, I would shift the celebration to a Sunday.

Right now, it's no longer the same thing. It looks like I've lost interest in doing it. It's been more than 5 years I celebrated my birthday.

Do you still like to celebrate your birthday?

Not really. I get wished Happy Birthday by close family but that’s about it. It’s just like any other day for me.

I do have the tradition that every year I get a cake with the album art from The Birthday Massacre but that’s it 🙂

Yes, I have been celebrating my birthday whenever I can because of work. I was able to celebrate my last year's birthday and hope to do same next year.

Yes, I still celebrate my birthday. Celebrated my birthday last month with Family. Had a Chinese takeaway and a few drinks while watching the KSI vs Tommy Fury boxing match.
Even though I do celebrate, I never do anything big for it. As long as I have family around me, I'm happy.

Yes, I celebrate my birthday like it's going to be my last birthday. I appreciate every day I wake up, so my birthday means a lot to me. It's one of the most important days in my life.

Why not? It's my birthday and it's a special day in my life. I wouldn't overlook my birthday because it's not easy to be alive for another 365 days.

The last time I celebrated my birthday was two years ago. I haven't had the time to celebrate it again because I usually celebrate it in a big way.

I don't feel like celebrating my birthday because I don't feel I've achieved anything yet that makes it worth celebrating the day. When I'm with my friends and family, they end up celebrating it but when I'm alone, I never get the urge of doing it.

Why not? It's my birthday and it's a special day in my life. I wouldn't overlook my birthday because it's not easy to be alive for another 365 days.
It's true though what you have said about how being alive for 365 days not being easy because a lot of people die every day. It's enough for someone to appreciate being alive and decide to be celebrating his or her birthday whenever it's time.

I lost interest, but my family has not. Neither do my friends. I often forget my birthday and walk into surprise parties.

They often get to suprise me as I am not good with special days. I should work on that a lot :D

I could celebrate with family but it is no longer a good event as before. It becomes a casual day and sometimes you forget that today is your birthday due to several offline commitments except if your family remembers this date for you.

I could celebrate with family but it is no longer a good event as before. It becomes a casual day and sometimes you forget that today is your birthday due to several offline commitments except if your family remembers this date for you.
It's my parents who are the one's forgetting my birthday now. I don't mind about it because they are old and it's my birthday not their own. If anyone is supposed to remember his or her birthday, it would be me and not them. This is why when they don't remember, I'll remind them of it.

It is ok to forget once in a while. We are not kids anymore. Lots to do and lots to cover. Time and mind are not helpful always.

I kind of feel tired after work and hit bed as soon as possible. So people around me know not to expect much from me.

To be honest with you, I don't fancy celebrating my birthdays at the moment. I mean, it doesn't make any sense to be spending the little that I have to impress people who don't care about me. I want to be able to celebrate when I start making a lot of money in the future.

My celebrations are simple. They do not involve spending large amount of money. Not into materialistic celebrations at all.

Yep, not a spendthrift and I do spend money for gifts and all. Luckily my friends do no believe in formalities.

My celebrations are simple. They do not involve spending large amount of money. Not into materialistic celebrations at all.

Yep, not a spendthrift and I do spend money for gifts and all. Luckily my friends do no believe in formalities.
If I have the money to throw around during my birthday celebration to make it a big event, I would not mind doing it because it's my day. If I don't do it for myself, I don't think there is anyone who is out there that will be willing to do it for me. The first and most importantly thing is for me to have the money.

I understand. You have a point. That is how it should be.

As for me, myself and the people around me are cautious about how we spend our money. They do not consider it a necessity to bring costly gifts. It applies when I am on the other side as well.

I understand. You have a point. That is how it should be.

As for me, myself and the people around me are cautious about how we spend our money. They do not consider it a necessity to bring costly gifts. It applies when I am on the other side as well.
There is nothing wrong in being frugal with how someone spends money because it's very difficult to make money. You have to put in so many hours of work before you are getting paid. The money earned from your sweat should be used in a judicious manner. No one picks up money on the road or pluck it from trees.

In fact, some people do. Do you actually believe that all those billions are made of hard work?

Those highly rich people are no doubt, talented, skilled and with unmatched abilities. But at some point they found ways to make easy money.

It is ok to be judicious about your hard earned money, but not everyone had to work so hard. Some inherit it, some gain it by luck, some by chance and some by fraud.

Back