Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you remember Indian Hockey League?

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
Indian hockey league which was Premier Hockey League was played in India in the December and January month was one my favorite. It ran for 3 years and at that time Indian hockey did very well but suddenly they stopped conducting the league even when it was earning good revenue. I want them to start that league again.

Oh Yes I used to watch but not sure why they stopped it, there was no news why they discontinued that league

Though I did not watch it due to time constraints, I kept a close watch on the happenings. I got all the updates from my husband who used to watch it. It's a shame that they discontinued it. It's our national game and after all the recent performances in events like Olympics, the game needs all the support and promotion to make it more popular among the common people.
I assume that the lack of sponsorship for the event might be the reason behind this discontinuation.

First time hearing about it, and I'm a big hockey fan. I also played organized hockey growing up. I like seeing more places around the world play some pucks.

@Bawse . Good to know that you are a big hockey fan and have even played it during your growing up years. Which country are you from? How popular is the game there? It's the national game of India, but it has not got the popularity and fame that other sports like Cricket have got here. It's a shame in a way.

Back