Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Do you prefer watching movies in theatres or at home?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
When it comes to watching movies new and old, some of us enjoy going to the cinema/theatre whereas some of us prefer to stay home and watch the movies we want to see in the comfort of our own homes.

When it comes to watching any movies, especially the new releases, do you prefer to watch them in the comfort of your own home or at the cinema/theatre?

Depends on what kind of movie it is. If the movie is cinematic, I prefer to watch in cinema, however, if the movie basically explores story and characters, I like to watch at home. I also like to watch star studded movies and movies with a lot of CGI in the cinema. By the way, going to the cinema once in a while is fun

Last edited:
Back in the day when I was younger, I loved going out to the movies, I loved getting a large drink and some Nachos with cheese or popcorn with lots of butter, sit back and enjoy a movie, but now? I don't have much free time, so I prefer to watch movies at home, wearing my PJs, while snacking on some chips!

If it is worth it, theatre for sure. Certain movies are better watched on a big screen with top notch speaker system and the right kind of ambience.

I don't mind watching some on home theatre either. Not every home threatre set up is as good a commerical one.

The cinema or theatre is no longer a good place to watch movies. This is because it is a place where there are a lot of rude people without giving more details that everyone knows like people could cherish from this time for bad things then I think watching the movie at home is better as it is family environment friendly.

As soon as the film comes out, I will try to get to the cinema, because the conditions are completely different there and the sound and video are much better than in my hometown, but if the film is quite old or came out recently, but there is no way to get to the cinema, then you can watch it on streaming services.

The cinema or theatre is no longer a good place to watch movies. This is because it is a place where there are a lot of rude people without giving more details that everyone knows like people could cherish from this time for bad things then I think watching the movie at home is better as it is family environment friendly.

That is true. Some theatres have bad crowd. In fact, there is little control on environment in some places.

Easier to avoid if you have a solid home theatre setup.

I don't know why you write like that, because in all the time I visited cinemas, I didn't like the kind of people you wrote about. It may be best to attend these movies at a time when most people are still at work.

I don't know why you write like that, because in all the time I visited cinemas, I didn't like the kind of people you wrote about. It may be best to attend these movies at a time when most people are still at work.
You are lucky then. Because it is not necessary to meet them however it could be possible one day by a factor of the chance. It depends on the culture of the people and the place you are going to.

You are lucky then. Because it is not necessary to meet them however it could be possible one day by a factor of the chance. It depends on the culture of the people and the place you are going to.
He pointed out well that it is better to watch at home because there is a good atmosphere and friends and family are much more interesting to you. Then you choose a cinema where there may be bad people and you may not enjoy the movie or watch it at home but you are alone and you only have a 13 inch laptop with 1080 maximum expansion

A decent projector can give you a big screen easily. If you use good headphones, that will change the whole experience. The whole setup is not that costly either.

Watching movies and TV shows at home will be my first priority. This is because my home will always be more comfortable and convenient for me to watch whatever I wanted. Before I will go to the cinema house to see any movie will be when I can't find the movie on my streaming services to watch.

This is what is happening all over the globe.

People used to go to cinema halls because

1. It was available nowhere else
2. Viewing and audio experience
3. The ambience

These days, you can get these at home with all bells and whistles.

This is what is happening all over the globe.

People used to go to cinema halls because

1. It was available nowhere else
2. Viewing and audio experience
3. The ambience

These days, you can get these at home with all bells and whistles.
There is nothing better than a family ambiance or watching a film at home with your family or your partner. There is no need to go elsewhere and waste money and also there are a lot of people and long waiting queues to access the cinema for example.

There is nothing better than a family ambiance or watching a film at home with your family or your partner. There is no need to go elsewhere and waste money and also there are a lot of people and long waiting queues to access the cinema for example.
This is not truly the case with me. I'm one of those people who enjoy watching their movies or TV shows at home being alone. I don't like having any kind of distractions or side talks when I'm trying to watch a movie or TV show. It doesn't mean I can't watch with others but I enjoy it more alone.

Watching movies and TV shows at home will be my first priority. This is because my home will always be more comfortable and convenient for me to watch whatever I wanted. Before I will go to the cinema house to see any movie will be when I can't find the movie on my streaming services to watch.
In my opinion, it's cool that you can afford all these conditions at home, but not everyone can and has to go to the cinema, but it's cool when you can enjoy a movie at home and you won't be disturbed by other people

I have never been to the movies before, but I usually prefer watching at home. The money I would for the tickets should be enough to buy some snacks and still get some change then download the movie to watch from the comfort of my home.

I only watch movie premieres at cinemas. That's to say the movie is very new and I am thrilled with the snippets, I would pay to watch it at a cinema. But if it is an old movie that is up to one month old since premiere, I am so watching it at home with pop corn and coke.

Featured Articles

Back