Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you prefer a laptop or a desktop?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator

Reaction score
When it comes to either browsing the web or even working from home, most of us have either a desktop PC or a laptop and others also make use of a mobile phone as well in some cases.

When it comes to browsing the website, contacting friends and family or even working from home, do you prefer a laptop or a desktop PC?

I myself prefer a laptop as it means I can be somewhat mobile and can have a change of scenery when I am working or browsing the internet.

Growing up, I was always a PC person, but ever since I got my MacBook a few years ago, I can’t imagine life without it. The comfort of being able to use my MacBook whilst laying back is an incredible feeling.

Desktop. I love my desktop. It means I can come up to the mancave and not be disturbed by the children. It also is where I play most games. I've always preferred PC gaming over console gaming. I will need to get a laptop soon though so I can manage things downstairs whilst the kids watch Bluey.

For me, due to my lack of space, I've always leaned towards laptops. However, I would prefer to have a desktop given the chance and if I had the space for a tower and all the parts that go with it. For sheer convenience, laptops are better IMHO. I buy gaming laptops so I get a powerful enough experience while still not taking up space I don't have right now in my living space.

Laptop, because I'm all about portability and the minimalistic design of it all.
Portability is definitely the one big reason I also prefer laptops. I hate to be stuck in one place all the time and with a laptop, I can take it anywhere for a change of scenery.

Sometimes I work from my bed, and other times especially when the weather is really nice, I like to be able to sit outside and do my work.

I prefer a laptop because I can take it anywhere.

Portability is definitely the one big reason I also prefer laptops. I hate to be stuck in one place all the time and with a laptop, I can take it anywhere for a change of scenery.

Sometimes I work from my bed, and other times especially when the weather is really nice, I like to be able to sit outside and do my work.
Exactly. Taking it wherever you go without a bunch of wires and stuff hooked up to it is an amazing technological design and the brains behind it were brilliant!

I will always go for the laptop. This is because it has got some great specs that makes it easier for me to work on. When it comes to being able to have a good time working on the internet, using a laptop is more comfortable for me than making use of a desktop. So, it is more preferable for me.

I prefer making use of laptop over a desktop computer. I don't like being kept in one place because I want to use the computer. It's why laptop fits perfectly for me.

I prefer using my desktop over my laptops. Sure laptops are portable which is great, but I prefer to type on a bigger keyboard and games run better on my desktop than my gaming laptop since the laptop is already three years old.

I prefer desktops as they are more powerful. However, due to space constraints. I'm limited to laptops so I go with powerful gaming laptops that can be used as desktop replacements. Given the choice though, I would go desktop and have one hell of a sweet setup. I do enjoy my Alienware gaming laptops though. They suit me just fine given my circumstance.

I prefer desktops cause that's what I'm used to, but I can understand why people like the portability of a laptop. Anyway, my wife has always liked laptops and in that case, I have messed with them quite a bit.

A laptop, since I appreciate the portability.

I don't need it as much as I did when I was at university, but it's still a compelling advantage.

Laptop, because I'm all about portability and the minimalistic design of it all.
This is also why I prefer using laptops over desktop. Any gadget which is too big is challenging for me to use it.

Right now I am using a desktop, but I prefer to use laptops. I like to be able to do work upstairs in bed, but can't because I have a desktop.
Desktops are also too big and involve too much wiring, whereas a laptop doesn't.

I prefer a laptop for its portability and versatility. It allows me to work or browse the internet from anywhere, whether it's at home, a coffee shop, or while traveling. Laptops also have built-in webcams and microphones, making it easier to stay connected with friends and family through video calls.

Right now I am using a desktop, but I prefer to use laptops. I like to be able to do work upstairs in bed, but can't because I have a desktop.
Desktops are also too big and involve too much wiring, whereas a laptop doesn't.

The portability nature of laptops make it the preferred choice for a lot of people that are looking at working remotely. The work that they do entails that they need to carry their devices around and this is where the use of laptops help. I can't imagine not working while on a trip because most of my work are done on my laptop.

A laptop, since I appreciate the portability.

I don't need it as much as I did when I was at university, but it's still a compelling advantage.
This is the same reason why I enjoy using laptop over desktop. If it's my office which I need to do, it's on my laptop that I would be working most of the time even with my desktop sitting in front of me. Unless it's a work that I can't do on my laptop, then I will use my desktop to perform the job without having any problems.

A desktop is cheaper than a laptop. A laptop could be used if you are traveling on a trip or to work in a company. Some companies could provide you with a desktop while others require you to bring your laptop. I prefer a mobile phone most of the time but at home I prefer a desktop more than a laptop.

Back