Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you moderate new member's posts?

Ja sa bong

Veteran

Reaction score
I've been in some forums where new member's post are moderated. Most of the time, it's only their first 10 posts that are moderated. This is done to prevent those who are spamming forums from post freely.

Do you have any plans of using this strategy with regulating new member's posts?

No. Sounds like a great way to deter potential active posters.

I never do this, I did make the mistake of having post moderation on once on The Final Zone which was my Sonic the Hedgehog community. xD I had a member remind me to turn it off, this was when I was still new to owning forums back in the early 10's.

No, it's not necessary. I'll only start moderating a users posts when they have been proven to be spamming the forum. To moderate who never spam your forum will chase him away.

I've never been interested in moderating new members posts. I like giving everyone the benefit of doubt they will post meaningful contents but if they don't, I would have to moderate their posts.

Yes, I agree to implement a moderation system for new members because it helps to prevent spam and maintain the quality of posts, considering the huge number of spammers coming into forums these days. It should be something like, after 10 posts or so, the moderation gets turned off automatically.

No. Sounds like a great way to deter potential active posters.
If you're getting members who are genuinely interested in posting on your forum, having their posts moderated will discourage them from posting especially when the post moderation goes on for too long. I understand the reason why forums have to moderate posts, it's because there are more spammers than regular posters these days.

It is very important to watch how spammers operate and that means that you should start regulating posts on your forum. When spammers don't target your forum, is there a need to regulate posts on your forum? I honestly doubt that.

Yes, I agree to implement a moderation system for new members because it helps to prevent spam and maintain the quality of posts, considering the huge number of spammers coming into forums these days. It should be something like, after 10 posts or so, the moderation gets turned off automatically.
Some posts need some moderation. If there is a link in a section where the advertisement is not allowed then it is under moderation. Whether it is something related to a post or just someone advertising something that never relates to the thread concept.

In the past, I used to keep 20 posts under moderation for new users, and once 20 posts where approved, the users posts would be automatically approved. However, these days I have removed such moderation and it was a lot of work. Instead of post moderation, I manually approve accounts on my forums.

I came to know of such forums that moderate first 10 to 15 posts of its new users and it's fine but you need to pay for these if the user is verified.

Back