Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you live in a rented or have your own house?

This is how we should invest and I always loved this way to earn passive income just you need to do all this legally and have a legal arrangement so that you can kick out the tenants whenever you want to after giving a notice
My husband and I are very particular about paper work. Fortunately, we have the tenants who are very good and civilized. And our other two apartments are also in the same premises but in other buildings. It's a very nice township kind of complex, safe, secure, beautifully maintained and with all amenities. And one of the tenant is a junior from my husband's college. And another one is from my college. It's just a coincidence. I get to meet them on my walks regularly.

My husband and I are very particular about paper work. Fortunately, we have the tenants who are very good and civilized. And our other two apartments are also in the same premises but in other buildings. It's a very nice township kind of complex, safe, secure, beautifully maintained and with all amenities. And one of the tenant is a junior from my husband's college. And another one is from my college. It's just a coincidence. I get to meet them on my walks regularly.
That's perfect but we better be careful with these and should always keep our paper work updated as per the requirements of tenancy

That's perfect but we better be careful with these and should always keep our paper work updated as per the requirements of tenancy
We do that. We are very particular about that. Our apartment complex is very particular about the rules and regulations. The association is also involved and there is a very well layout legal documents. We can't do much changes there. Everyone has to strictly follow that.

We do that. We are very particular about that. Our apartment complex is very particular about the rules and regulations. The association is also involved and there is a very well layout legal documents. We can't do much changes there. Everyone has to strictly follow that.
That's great and it's a good way to earn passive income and a secure one too.
I also hope to have it working but at present I don't have any such income

That's great and it's a good way to earn passive income and a secure one too.
I also hope to have it working but at present I don't have any such income
It took so many years of working and saving for us to buy our first home. Both husband and I worked and saved for few years when we got our first home and first car. That's a special feeling.

I can imagine and its not easy to have even land in a place like Bangalore where everything seems so expensive

The penthouse that I am living in at present is my own house. I lived in a 2 BHK apartment when we got married and then moved to 3 BHK..And we moved to this penthouse in 2016. All the three are owned..the two apartments are on rent now.
When I stayed out of India for almost 13 years, we stayed in rented places in different countries.

Then you must be having good rental income. Yes, it's fine to live in a rented house when you are not in your own country. Also, it would be very expensive to buy a house in Europe and US. One of my friend recently bought a house in US, he told me this

Then you must be having good rental income. Yes, it's fine to live in a rented house when you are not in your own country. Also, it would be very expensive to buy a house in Europe and US. One of my friend recently bought a house in US, he told me this
My husband was in the US for 15 years. In the last 5 years, we had our own house. We sold it to one of our Indian friends when we planned to return back for good. In fact, real estate in the US is more affordable than those in metro cities of India. Bengaluru has more expensive real estate market

I would love to buy my own home in the future, if possible to have one before getting married. Though purchasing a house is not cheap or easy here but anyways let's watch and see how it goes.

It's so important to have your own house and not for rent as it's like an added expense so we should go for our own house as soon as we can

The money you would use for rent, can be used to sort out other things. Though having a house is expensive, but it is worth it. This way you won't be worried about rent even when things are hard.

That's how it should be and the rent amount can be used to pay the bank EMI too so this will make you own a house in some time

I don't have my own apartment and I live in a rented house. One of the greatest goals I want to achieve within the next five years is to get my own apartment. I hope to build a house very soon.

There is a new thinking in people now that they can manage in a rented house and firstly they look to get educated and find a better way to earn and this is also not a bad thing

Yes you can manage in a rented house, I have seen this happen several times but it can never be the same as when you have your own house.

It's manageable but hard. Some of the landlords have the habit to keep pressurizing their tenants to do this and don't do that so it's hard to stay in a rented house

I currently live in a rented house near the city. It is beneficial to me because together with my husband we work and can pay the rent together and also they even leave funds for us to save

Back