Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you live in a rented or have your own house?

Sanjeev

Veteran

Reaction score
I have my own house. I lived in a rented house for a few months when my house was being constructed, and I didn't like it because of lots of restrictions and interference from the landlord for every little thing.

Do you have your own house or are you thinking of buying one?

We own our home. In the long run, it ends up being cheaper to own. Even if you can't purchase the home of your dreams right now, try to get a fixer upper and slowly fix it up/renovate it. Once done, if you love it, keep it.. if you don't, sell it, make a profit (hopefully) and search for your next home.

I don't have my own home yet, but I'm working towards getting it. It is much better to own a home than to live in a rented apartment where you have to worry about the rent expiring constantly.

Though not my own home, but I am currently living in my family house. I do have plans of having my own home especially when it's time to start my own family.

Though not my own home, but I am currently living in my family house. I do have plans of having my own home especially when it's time to start my own family.

If you have a plan to buy a house in the future, then you must think of it now and try to buy it by taking a loan from the bank because, when you are young, you may be able to pay back the loan easily.

If you have a plan to buy a house in the future, then you must think of it now and try to buy it by taking a loan from the bank because, when you are young, you may be able to pay back the loan easily.
Must one take out a loan to get a house? That seem to be the easier option, but it can't be difficult to keep up in the long run.

Rented. Never will be able to afford ownership.

On the salary I got when I worked? Surely, you jest! Also I wasn't allowed to leave home and be independent due to controlling parents.

On the salary I got when I worked? Surely, you jest! Also I wasn't allowed to leave home and be independent due to controlling parents.
I understand you, but then again just have an open mind, who knows what the future holds right?

Must one take out a loan to get a house? That seem to be the easier option, but it can't be difficult to keep up in the long run.

Do you have your own house or you live in a rented house?

Thankfully I have never experienced staying in a rented house and have always lived in our own house and there are so many advantages to it and you don't need to pay any rent for it

Thankfully I have never experienced staying in a rented house and have always lived in our own house and there are so many advantages to it and you don't need to pay any rent for it

That's true; in a rented house, you have to tolerate the interference of the landlord. But when you have your own house, you don't have to listen to others for anything, and you don't have the burden of paying monthly rent.

The penthouse that I am living in at present is my own house. I lived in a 2 BHK apartment when we got married and then moved to 3 BHK..And we moved to this penthouse in 2016. All the three are owned..the two apartments are on rent now.
When I stayed out of India for almost 13 years, we stayed in rented places in different countries.

Its understandable to rent a place when we are not in India and glad you have enjoyed your stay in all your houses and getting rent from the other 2

Its understandable to rent a place when we are not in India and glad you have enjoyed your stay in all your houses and getting rent from the other 2
When we were out of India, we had only one flat and that was on rent. We bought the other two properties after coming back. Now, the old two are on rent. We are staying in this penthouse.

When we were out of India, we had only one flat and that was on rent. We bought the other two properties after coming back. Now, the old two are on rent. We are staying in this penthouse.
This is how we should invest and I always loved this way to earn passive income just you need to do all this legally and have a legal arrangement so that you can kick out the tenants whenever you want to after giving a notice

Back