Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you like to eat grilled fish with chili sauce?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
At home, there is always fish be it grilled, fried, or boiled. Despite the price of fish getting expensive ; there is no choice. Apart from fish, there are also veggies and fruits. Our body needs nutrients. Fish also contains protein that helps build and repair the worn-out tissues of our body. But there are some people allergic to fish so they cannot experience eating grilled fish with chili sauce. Do you also like to eat grilled fish with chili sauce? I bet.

Yes I enjoy eating this though it's abit expensive so I don't always eat it. Over here we mostly use cat fish, though there are others who prefer using other type of fish.

I am a vegetarian from a long time and haven't took any non veg dish from years now

I don't think there is quite a delicious meal like grilled fish with a pepper source. That's one meal that if you keep close to me, I would surely steal it. Lol.

Yes I enjoy eating this though it's abit expensive so I don't always eat it. Over here we mostly use cat fish, though there are others who prefer using other type of fish.
The fish here is cheaper because we live near the sea. There are many fishermen here. There's also fish port where fish buyers can buy there directly fresh from the sea. People at home never gone there, we all have work and the fish shipping boats arrive at dawn.

The fish here is cheaper because we live near the sea. There are many fishermen here. There's also fish port where fish buyers can buy there directly fresh from the sea. People at home never gone there, we all have work and the fish shipping boats arrive at dawn.
I guess that's why they are a lot cheaper. Though we have a few rivers around us the fish here is still pretty expensive. There are so places where you can actually buy them a little cheaper though, especially in rural places.

I guess that's why they are a lot cheaper. Though we have a few rivers around us the fish here is still pretty expensive. There are so places where you can actually buy them a little cheaper though, especially in rural places.
There are shrimps on the rivers. I saw shrimps in the river when I was a child my sister brought me there to know how a river looks, The fishes here are at $ 4 to $5 a kilo for smaller fishes but for the bigger fishes, the price varies from $ 6 to $7 a kilo.

There are shrimps on the rivers. I saw shrimps in the river when I was a child my sister brought me there to know how a river looks, The fishes here are at $ 4 to $5 a kilo for smaller fishes but for the bigger fishes, the price varies from $ 6 to $7 a kilo.
Seven dollars right now is around seven to eight thousand in our local currency. That's pretty high over here and buying fish for that amount won't be enough to feed the whole family.

Seven dollars right now is around seven to eight thousand in our local currency. That's pretty high over here and buying fish for that amount won't be enough to feed the whole family.
OMG, it's expensive here too but there is no choice. In my case I usually buy small fishes for easy frying and the bigger one for grilling. At home, our meal is not complete without fish except in the morning during breakfast, no fish, only eggs, fruits and bacon.

OMG, it's expensive here too but there is no choice. In my case I usually buy small fishes for easy frying and the bigger one for grilling. At home, our meal is not complete without fish except in the morning during breakfast, no fish, only eggs, fruits and bacon.
Over here we usually substitute fish for fowl eggs. Though the price has also gone up but it is still cheaper than buying fish or we buy meat for everyone else then leave the fish for my mother.

Over here we usually substitute fish for fowl eggs. Though the price has also gone up but it is still cheaper than buying fish or we buy meat for everyone else then leave the fish for my mother.
You try to check on you Facebook Marketplace if there is fish sold and if cheaper than buying offline. If not, you buy dried fish, it might be cheaper and just add vegetables because dried fish might be too salty. I do not know of there is dried fish sold there in your place.

You try to check on you Facebook Marketplace if there is fish sold and if cheaper than buying offline. If not, you buy dried fish, it might be cheaper and just add vegetables because dried fish might be too salty. I do not know of there is dried fish sold there in your place.
Yes that's true, but most times they are from a different location from my current location or the distance is pretty far. So by the time you add the cost of transportation, buying offline might be better. We also have dried fish, but even that one has also increased in price.

Yes that's true, but most times they are from a different location from my current location or the distance is pretty far. So by the time you add the cost of transportation, buying offline might be better. We also have dried fish, but even that one has also increased in price.
All prices increase harshly this time and we do not know if they will go down or continue to get higher by the day. I pity those people who only rely on their children whose income may not survive for a day or week. It is a relief if there is always a normal rain so farmers can have a good harvest to remedy the prices in the market.

Over here even farmers are increasing the price of things, they will tell you the cost of transportation has gone up hence they have to increase the price.

Over here even farmers are increasing the price of things, they will tell you the cost of transportation has gone up hence they have to increase the price.
That is the common reasoning of the farmers, but they deserve increase. The buyers of their produce earn more than them who work under the heat of sun and get wet when a sudden rain comes. They also capitalised their crops like fertiliser.

Yes they are working hard no doubt but if at all they want to increase, their increase should be something reasonable. By the time everyone starts increasing how they like, it will become too hard for people to survive

I like to eat grilled fish and it is one of my dish this lunch. I have just finished eating my lunch alone at home. I have some leftovers of this big grilled fish, a tuna belly, and will be my dinner tonight with with spinach veggie salad.

I love eating grilled fish, but I can't really remember the last time I had one. It's been months i bought one or tasted one. Over here when it comes to grilled fish, cat fish is commonly used over here.

I am not familiar with a cat fish. Does it look like a cat? 😁. Here, there are variety of fishes. It's maybe because we live near seas. There is also a fish port where people and fish vendors flock.

I don't like grilled fish. I prefer eating grilled chicken to fish. I always feel nauseous whenever I perceived the smell of the fish so I don't like coming close to it.

Back