Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you know how to cook your own food?

Heatman

Off The Mark

Reaction score
I have always enjoyed cooking my own food. My mother taught me how to cook right from my childhood. I started cooking with my mother at the age of 7 years old. I've always cooked my food since then unless I'm ill to the extent that I can't be able to cook.

Do you cook your own food?

I don't know how to cook yet but I'm very keen to learn it. At least before getting married, I want to be able to cook. I have a wish to surprise my wife with delicious food at least once a week. :)

I know how to give myself food poisoning

That's how bad my cooking is

I don't cook regularly but I can. Perhaps not any complex dishes but something basic here and there, no problemo!

I also do quite like my own cooking :p

I love cooking.. especially Indian food,

I'm in good company though, Nolan. My avatar can't cook either.

I've got some training in Culinary Arts, so I usually do the cooking for me and my family. We've already got our Thanksgiving turkey. I'm planning to get it all prepped on Wednesday night and then toss it in the oven first thing Thursday morning. :)

I never learned how to cook. My mom did all the cooking in the house and did not want me in the kitchen, not even to wash dishes. She must have thought I was gonna marry rich!
I have tried cooking, follow recipes from friends or recipes found on line, unfortunately, I'm just not good at it! 😕

I never learned how to cook. My mom did all the cooking in the house and did not want me in the kitchen, not even to wash dishes. She must have thought I was gonna marry rich!
I have tried cooking, follow recipes from friends or recipes found on line, unfortunately, I'm just not good at it! 😕
Yeah I know LOL

I love cooking food. I'm always cooking with my mum and helping out.
I want to cook up a stir fry again.

I can cook some food which I regularly eat but it's not everything I can manage to prepare. I wish I can cook everything I want to eat when I want to eat it.

Yes, I know how to cook my own meals. I had to buy both a refrigerator and deep freezer in order to store/keep my cooked meals in them. I don't have to cook fresh food every day when I have a deep freezer and refrigerator. They make it easier to cook so many food one day and put everything in both the refrigerator and deep freezer.

Growing up, cooking was one of the activities that I decided to take seriously. I enjoy making my own meal and can cook for as long as I have food items at home. I am a man and cooking hasn't been a big deal for me at all.

Growing up, cooking was one of the activities that I decided to take seriously. I enjoy making my own meal and can cook for as long as I have food items at home. I am a man and cooking hasn't been a big deal for me at all.
My mother taught me at my young age how cheaper it is for you to be cooking your own food instead of eating your food out in different restaurants. I have sat down and did the math to know it's true. This is why I can't be willing to eat out in restaurants when I know it's more costly since I can cook.

I had to learn how to cook the hard way when I got admission into college. Prior to that time, I have always been depending on my mom to to do all the cooking for me. When I realized that I was spending too much on eating outside, I had to take a crash course on catering and now, I can cook most meals by myself.

Very well, I can prepare my own meal. Mum taught me and my siblings, saying that it is a basic skill, regardless of the gender. That has helped me to minimize the way I eat outside thereby saving money and also developing a passion for cooking.

After I moved out of my parent's house, I took it upon myself to master the art of cooking local dishes. Despite my passion for cooking, I still consider myself a novice in the kitchen, as there is always room for improvement, and there are many culinary techniques and recipes that I have yet to learn. However, I take pride in my ability to prepare some of the most popular Filipino dishes with ease, such as pork sinigang, nilagang baka, chicken afritada, tinola, ginisang monggo, and beef caldereta.

Featured Articles

Back