Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you go for a brand or buy a local product?

Even local products are not bad, I have tried Tomato ketchup of Delmonte which is actually a very popular international brand but not very popular in India and also veeba a local Indian brand

Even local products are not bad, I have tried Tomato ketchup of Delmonte which is actually a very popular international brand but not very popular in India and also veeba a local Indian brand
So what is your view on both products? Is the quality similar?

And I have not tasted both the brands. We buy Maggie or Kissan tomato ketchups. They almost taste similar. I could not find any difference.

I have always been someone who prefers to support local businesses as they are the ones who struggle the most as opposed to the bigger businesses and companies.

Where I can, I will always buy locally.

I have always been someone who prefers to support local businesses as they are the ones who struggle the most as opposed to the bigger businesses and companies.

That is nice of you. But then, I hope that you do thorough research on those products to ensure that they are not substandard? Local products can be very tricky.

I cannot afford to wear luxury brands or use products from luxury brands. I do not care for cheaper brands. Therefore, I go for unbranded items. By doing this I will be able to save a lot money. What should I spend 1500 USD just for an iPhone when I can buy a tab, android phone as well as a computer for that amount.

I cannot afford to wear luxury brands or use products from luxury brands. I do not care for cheaper brands. Therefore, I go for unbranded items. By doing this I will be able to save a lot money. What should I spend 1500 USD just for an iPhone when I can buy a tab, android phone as well as a computer for that amount.
Hmmm, that's one way of looking at it. But like you said, it is because you cannot afford the brands right now. Trust me, when you have the money overflowing you will not mind spending much on an iPhone.

I appreciate your reason for choosing the local brands. Yes, we should buy them so as to make them economically strong. I also think the same way sometimes when we have some products from local brands that are equally good as the branded products.

We buy whatever is cheaper. I don't care if it is imported from Mars, or made across the street.

We buy whatever is cheaper. I don't care if it is imported from Mars, or made across the street.
Hehe same here, I do go for what is cheaper but most times if I know the more expensive one would last me longer than I can actually go for that.

I prefer to buy a local brand that a foreign brand. It would help the economy to grow when I patronize the local business people that are producing. It is only where local alternatives don't exist that I buy branded products.

Before the pandemic, I usually bought branded products, after the pandemic, the world is hit with inflation, so I have to shift to local products. There are local products durable and good looking.

Before the pandemic, I usually bought branded products, after the pandemic, the world is hit with inflation, so I have to shift to local products. There are local products durable and good looking.

That's true. There are local brands that are better than the big brands, but maybe because their brand is not famous, people don't buy them. I also try to buy local brands to boost the economy of my country, and that is important.

It's not a bad idea to go for a local product too provided its good and have good packing and it will be cheap so will help us save money

I would like to buy local brands, but I cannot be sure of their reliability and I would not like to pay twice for the product. Therefore, I would rather buy a new one and be absolutely sure that it is good, even though it is much more expensive

I am a kind of customer that wants to get optimum satisfaction at all times. For me, it is not about the brand name but the value that is on offer. If a local brand offers me good value, why won't I go for it?

The majority of consumers prefer to purchase products under popular brands since they promise quality performance, service after the sale, etc. On the other hand, local products may not guarantee the same level of performance as well-known brands. Still, we must encourage local products in order to boost the economy. What would you say? Do you purchase goods made locally?
That's the major problem we are facing over here the majority of people prefer to purchase products under popular brands, but I am not in to it I prefer to buy local products in other to boost the economy and to encouraged them

I prefer to buy the products from my country. It is safe unlike imported we never know the contents if good or bad for the health. They are also expensive compared to local products. But others prefer outsider products and some found worms inside the canned goods.

I mostly buy the usual brand and not go for any fancy brand and have sometimes opt for local brand also.

Back