Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you follow a Routine in your daily life?

I remember one of my colleagues who has retired and has faced issues because of that so now he's spending his day time with some of his friend who is running a shop so I feel its hard

One of my relatives also used to do that. Even my father, who retired in 2005, was worried because he had no work when he retired. But then he started engaging himself in some work. But he used to follow the routines, like waking up early and taking a bath, like he used to do when he was at work.

Recently, my mother got retired after 35 years of service. It was in the last November. She was really like a headless chicken for some while. But glad that she followed her routine. And now she is busy with her routine, social engagement and volunteering. She is thoroughly engaged.

Recently, my mother got retired after 35 years of service. It was in the last November. She was really like a headless chicken for some while. But glad that she followed her routine. And now she is busy with her routine, social engagement and volunteering. She is thoroughly engaged.

That's what one should do. It becomes very tough for people who don't engage themselves in any work after retirement. My father, who used to overthink what he would do, engaged himself in some daily work, which helped him pass time.

One has to stay positive and engaged. Post retirement life can be taken as a blessing. It can be a good time to pursue your hobbies that you might have missed being busy all the life, to learn a new thing etc. Unfortunately, many start seeing it as some end and not the beginning of a new life.

I am autistic so yes. It is a trait of the condition.

I am autistic so yes. It is a trait of the condition.
Hey, I think we met before here or on some other forum. My younger daughter is also on spectrum. I am a special educator and I work with autistic children and youth. I know how much a structured routine means for Autistic people. You function better when there is a routine and sense of order. Changes come a bit hard on Autistic people.

It's not a bad thing to follow a routine in your life as it can make you work in a disciplined way but those that don't prefer it is also fine

Yes, we all have our preferences. Some people work better in a structured environment, some are better with spontaneity.But being too random and chaotic with your daily rhythms will slowly invite health issues in there. As long as the circadian rhythm and biological rhythms are taken care of, it's okay.

In fact, I don't do this because it would make my days even more monotonous. Of course, I will not change anything, but without a schedule, I feel that I have freedom of action

I try to structure my life into a routine. Even though sometimes, I actually fail to meet up with the routine because of unforeseen circumstances. But I would really love to maintain a routine for one straight week.

Yeah I follow daily life ensure am safein all activities of life-changing and engaging my self with people who are ready to make things happen

I do like to follow routine in my life and I am one of those who values routine and like to stick with it and when I need to change I do feel bad

Back