Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you enjoy cooking? What's your specialty dish?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
I absolutely love cooking! It's such a creative outlet for me. My specialty dish has to be my famous chicken parmesan. I make it from scratch breading and frying the chicken, simmering my secret marinara sauce, layering it all with fresh mozzarella and parmesan. It's a labor of love but so worth it when you take that first bite of the crispy, saucy, cheesy deliciousness. Cooking for others and seeing them enjoy my food brings me so much joy.

I do not enjoy cooking, but we have no choice and in order to spend less money on buying ready-made food, we cook ourselves. I like to cook pasta with red fish, but I don't do it often because the fish is expensive

Yes, I cook every now and then. Mostly on the weekends when I don't go to work and I'm done exercising. I usually prepare my local dishes that I love very much, I won't tell you what it is 😛

I actually enjoy cooking, but I do not have any special dish or anything like that.

One activity which I don't like is cooking. Its not that I never cooked anything. I can make chapattis and Parantha. My kids say that I make them tasty.

No I don't like to cook and I don't think I can prepare any dish on my own but I can try to prepare rice or biryani with the help of Youtube

Though cooking can be pretty stressful, especially if you are the type who is usually busy with one thing or the other. But cooking can be really nice as well. In my house we kind of grew up in a system where both the guys and the ladies have to cook.

No I don't like to cook and I don't think I can prepare any dish on my own but I can try to prepare rice or biryani with the help of Youtube

YouTube has make things easy for the people specially in the field of cooking. I have seen people trying new dishes with the help of YouTube.

I have also been able to learn a few cooking recipes from YouTube as well, though I normally make use of YouTube for learning graphics.

I used to cook when I was unmarried and used to live alone far away from my home in another city. I learned it by my self or with the help of a room partner who was skilled in cooking.

What about now, you no longer cook? Or do you help your wife once in awhile in the kitchen

I rarely help my wife while cooking. I don't cook well.

I don't enjoy but I guess I am not so bad and can do better if I can get some help and guidance from an expert

I can play with veggies and try to make a few dishes if I get some help even if that is on a phone call

That's understandable, but have you ever thought of learning a few dishes?

Yes, I have thought of learning new dishes. I usually try them when I am alone at home.

Yes, I have thought of learning new dishes. I usually try them when I am alone at home.
That's nice, am sure you will become an expert even before you know it if you keep this up.

I have cooked Rice and a few veggies previously and at that time I was in college and used to stay home alone for longer time

That's nice. I don't really have any issues with cooking, but it becomes an issue when i have something to take care of.

That's nice. I don't really have any issues with cooking, but it becomes an issue when i have something to take care of.

I understand you make dishes which are delicious as per you and you're afraid that it may not be tasty as per others.😅

Back