Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you call it soccer or football? Do you care which name is used?

I don't have any problem with calling it either football or soccer. For as long as the person I'm talking to it about understands the sports I'm talking about, it's all that I care about. But I call it football most of the time.
Understanding is the first in assimilating sentences. If the person doesn't understand soccer, they can understand football that's all.

I have always called it only football. I don't know what soccer is. Ever since I was a kid, we called it football in the neighbourhood and that's all I know it to be. Football over soccer all the time.

I have always called it only football. I don't know what soccer is. Ever since I was a kid, we called it football in the neighbourhood and that's all I know it to be. Football over soccer all the time.

I call it Football as well, but when I talk with my friends from other countries such as the US, I tend to call it soccer.

Back