Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you buy things on impulse?

Teegold

Veteran

Reaction score
One problem I have is that once I go to the market, I tend to buy things that I don't really need. I will set my eyes on them and be like "alright I'm buying it".
Then when I get home I begin to regret buying it because I don't need it, I just bought it on impulse. Does that happen to you too?

I don't normally buy things on impulse, but there are times buy whatever I feel like eating at the moment.

I've never had this habit. My wife does this. I always ask her to write down what she needs to buy and take it with her. It is always regrettable when she purchases items that are not necessary. But every time she doesn't follow it, she goes to the store and buys whatever she wants, rather than what is required.

I think it's common with most women.

The day I got myself a Credit card I am buying things I don't even need and that's why I am not so organised at present and trying to work on it

The day I got myself a Credit card I am buying things I don't even need and that's why I am not so organised at present and trying to work on it
That is the problem with credit cards, you tend to spend money on necessarily. But most people tend to come to their senses whenever they realize that they are starting to spend too much.

That is the problem with credit cards, you tend to spend money on necessarily. But most people tend to come to their senses whenever they realize that they are starting to spend too much.
I think I am not doing bad because I don't think I haven't purchased anything unnecessarily

It often happens to me when I see some cool thing in a video and I immediately want it, but in most cases I understand that after a few days I will forget about it. I try to control my desires

No I don't buy things on impulse. I tend to think very well and make sure what I'm about to buy is necessary.

No I don't buy things on impulse. I tend to think very well and make sure what I'm about to buy is necessary.

That's what everyone should do. One must think well before buying a thing. Sometimes we buy a thing and later find that it is not useful for us and realize that we have wasted our money on it. So don't let that feeling come within us.

I think I am not doing bad because I don't think I haven't purchased anything unnecessarily
That shows that you have self control over your financial life. And that is what is required of an adult, don't spend unnecessarily to the extent that it gets you into debt.

Although there are times when I plan to buy some unnecessary things just by looking at the deal but somehow I am controlling myself

Although there are times when I plan to buy some unnecessary things just by looking at the deal but somehow I am controlling myself
That's great, self control is very important when one has the urge to buy things that are absolutely unnecessary.

That always happens to me when I got extra cash on me
One problem I have is that once I go to the market, I tend to buy things that I don't really need. I will set my eyes on them and be like "alright I'm buying it".
Then when I get home I begin to regret buying it because I don't need it, I just bought it on impulse. Does that happen to you too?

There are lots of people like that who don't buy things as per their requirements but buy them because they like them. I don't like to waste my money on impulse buying, and that's why I try to explain this to my wife.

That always happens to me when I got extra cash on me
You're not the only one guilty of it. It has always been happening to me too, but I was able to overcome by having self control.

You're not the only one guilty of it. It has always been happening to me too, but I was able to overcome by having self control.

And for avoiding it you should visit the market less, if you won't see the things you won't buy them. 🤣

And for avoiding it you should visit the market less, if you won't see the things you won't buy them. 🤣
You have a good point but what can we do when we don't visit the market? How are we going to get the things we need? 😂

Featured Articles

Back