Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Do you allow multiple accounts on your forum?

That's fine, because in a new forum, you need to engage users, and if you do it with different accounts, it looks real. Is there any forum that allows multiple accounts? I don't think there is anything bad in it unless the site pays for the references.
I do not know of any forums where you can have multiple accounts, some forums are sop strict that they do not even allow more than one accounts from the same household. However, sometimes some forum owners hire posters to post through multiple accounts. I have done this on multiple forums.

Allowing multiple accounts would simply lead to spamming in the long run, as there is every possibility that who owns the account might create the same topics on both accounts.

Multiple accounts can be used by trolls who want to pack attack a member or to give themselves likes. This should never be allowed.
Half of people connect from same wifi on the café that means this could be a reason to lose good members because this problem of shared wifi or they require users to pay cellular data to access to their sites that seems a little far from the logical.

I don't think it's wise to allow multiple accounts on a forum unless it is a non paying forum and they should only allow one account per house

I don't think it's wise to allow multiple accounts on a forum unless it is a non paying forum and they should only allow one account per house
That is how most site do, they will tell you one account per household. So even if I have an account it means that I cannot refer my brother or anybody else living with me in the same house.

This is what is not logic at all, one account per house could be ok but when you go to coffee you need to purchase mobile cellular data and post on paid to posts then money spent is more than earned money from the PTP. And let's say there is another person how login to this PTP that is not your friend but someone using the public wifi of the coffee both accounts are suspended. These rules needs to be updated because spend money on cellular data to earn some cents on PTP should be something against logic of things especially if you go to a coffee shop and you spend money for consummation and get wifi code.

I remember being part of a pay-to-post forum that allowed multiple accounts which I don't think is right but it was his forum so it was his choice

Having multiple accounts tend to promote spam, especially in a situation where you can earn based on the amount of engagement you get on your post.

Back