Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you allow change of username?

I don't own a forum but as a user on multiple forums, I believe the users should be given the flexibility of changing user names. There shouldn't be any kind of rigid rules regarding usernames. The more flexibility you offer, the more users you can gain.

I don't own a forum, but I feel it should not be allowed to change. In real life too, we are not allowed to change our identity; people know us by our name, and similarly, here too, others know us by our user name, so why should we change our name to hide our identity?

Well I don't have a forum or community, but if I had one, I would definitely allow members to make changes to their names after a certain period of time.

It's a very good feature and I feel every forum should allow this to its user and it should be handled by the admin or the moderators

I have seen lots of forum sites allow users to change their names, but I don't like this idea because your user name on any site is your identity, and once you change it, people won't be able to recognize you.

I have seen lots of forum sites allow users to change their names, but I don't like this idea because your user name on any site is your identity, and once you change it, people won't be able to recognize you.
I don't like the idea of change of username either, I mean for what reason would you want to change it? Have the users grown to dislike the username now?

I know that most forum admins need to ratify username change before it is approved. It shouldn't be something that people can change haphazardly.

Yes, like your name which you cannot change so easily similarly the user name on the site should be easily changed or should not be changed.

Featured Articles

Back