Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Gaming Controlling video game addiction

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of people who have fallen into gaming addiction over the years even without them knowing. Like they say, prevention is better than cure, but in a situation where a person is already addicted, how can one control their addiction to gaming?

I do not play video games. It is a waste of time and energy for me. Those kids who are prone to watch video games must be stopped while they are not yet at the stage of game addiction. Those already addicted must be saved by consulting a psychologist and a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment.

I do not play video games. It is a waste of time and energy for me. Those kids who are prone to watch video games must be stopped while they are not yet at the stage of game addiction. Those already addicted must be saved by consulting a psychologist and a psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Lol I understand your point, I do play video games but I also try my best to know my limits. I can only play when I know I have done everything I need to do, and I don't always play it.

Like @Scorpion I also don't waste my time playing video games. From childhood, I knew these were addictive, so I never tried them. It's hard for the people who are addicted to it. My son plays games on his mobile, but we don't allow him to play long.

Like @Scorpion I also don't waste my time playing video games. From childhood, I knew these were addictive, so I never tried them. It's hard for the people who are addicted to it. My son plays games on his mobile, but we don't allow him to play long.
Not allowing him to play for long is a good idea, this would help him not get addicted in the future.

Lol I understand your point, I do play video games but I also try my best to know my limits. I can only play when I know I have done everything I need to do, and I don't always play it.
Are the games you are watching pay the gamers like you? There are sites that pay gamers watching their games via video. I joined one site I think it was Timebucks. I tried to watch one game more than one hour but the was no payment for it shown. I deleted the app.

Are the games you are watching pay the gamers like you? There are sites that pay gamers watching their games via video. I joined one site I think it was Timebucks. I tried to watch one game more than one hour but the was no payment for it shown. I deleted the app.
Oh I know timebucks, I have been able to catch out just two times from the site and that was years back. The games am taking about tho, I just play them for fun as a way to relax.

Oh I know timebucks, I have been able to catch out just two times from the site and that was years back. The games am taking about tho, I just play them for fun as a way to relax.
Their games are not good for me. I just forced myself to watch to find out if the site really pays people. From the reviews many were disappointed because they were not also paid. But there are from your country paid up to $80, dunno how he did it. Maybe he didn't sleep lol. That $80 was his one day pay.

Their games are not good for me. I just forced myself to watch to find out if the site really pays people. From the reviews many were disappointed because they were not also paid. But there are from your country paid up to $80, dunno how he did it. Maybe he didn't sleep lol. That $80 was his one day pay.
Wow eighty dollars? That's pretty impressive.

I do play video games but I wouldn't say that I have an addiction.

Last year, when Hogwarts: Legacy came out, I did have to kind of keep that under control. It was easy for me to get immersed in that game to the point that I'd loose track of time. I'd get up in the morning and I'd start playing it as soon as I had breakfast........next thing I know, my hubby is coming home from work. It was hard for me to believe that I'd spent all day playing the game when it only felt like I'd been playing for about 30 minutes. I lost all track of time when I was playing that game.

If I ever got to the point where I couldn't control myself, I'd give the game to my hubby and let him hold it for me until my days off so that it wasn't interfering with me going to my job. I at least made myself be responsible though and recognized that I had a habit of loosing track of time when playing that specific game. I think that's part of the problem is recognizing that you have a problem in the first place.

Back