Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Charging Battery Tips

Bizdustry

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Got some tips about charging anything with a Electric Lithium Battery, including your mobile phone!

Don't let it drop below 30%.
Charge up to 80%
If you are not using the device for more than a week keep it at 60%
Charge it from 30% to 100% over night once a month to allow cell balancing.

Any other tips you all have to share?

Those are some nice tips. A few other things to keep in mind would be to avoid extreme temperatures while charging or storing the battery. We should use a high-quality charger and cable, avoid fast charging unless necessary, and unplug the device once it reaches 100%. It is also important to avoid charging overnight regularly. Removing any protective case while charging also helps as it sometimes makes your device more heated. Also, if possible, it's a good practice to regularly update your device's software for optimal battery performance.

You need a power bank to not let him below 30 %. This is because it happens when we spend a very long time outside the house then we need to power it in the street with the help of a power bank instead.

Got some tips about charging anything with a Electric Lithium Battery, including your mobile phone!

Don't let it drop below 30%.
Charge up to 80%
If you are not using the device for more than a week keep it at 60%
Charge it from 30% to 100% over night once a month to allow cell balancing.

Any other tips you all have to share?

These are amazing tips for anyone that is looking at ensuring that their battery device lasts for a little longer period of time. My experience with using a mobile device is that it is very important to, also, not use it when you are using it as that is the best way to preserve their lifespan.

The only tip which I will take serious when charging my phone is to never use my phone when it's plugged to charge. It kills the battery instead of charging it.

The only tip which I will take serious when charging my phone is to never use my phone when it's plugged to charge. It kills the battery instead of charging it.
What could you do if someone is calling you this time and then did you reply to the call or let him call again and again? It could be ok to delay work phone but what about incoming and outcoming calls?

My rule is don't let drop below 20 percent and don't charge above 85 percent. But I don't follow this rule strictly, especially won my laptop. I end up working plugged. I do try to plug out the cable once the battery shows 85 percent but since I work on my laptop all day long, I end up working with charger plugged in.

Last edited:
These are useful tips and I have heard them many times, but for me it is very inconvenient because I use my phone a lot and my battery is very low, so it drains quickly and if I use this method, I will be charging my phone most of the time and it will no longer be wireless :)

My rule is don't let drop below 20 percent and don't charge above 85 percent. But I don't follow this rule strictly, especially won my laptop. I end up working plugged. I do try to plug out the cable once the battery shows 85 percent but since I work on my laptop all day long, I end up working with charger plugged in.
But is there any danger to the battery life when you work with your laptop plugged? I thought that when the battery is full, the laptop switches to using the AC power source and it doesn't have any negative effect on the laptop battery. I stand to be corrected though.

These are cool tips and I use them because I noticed that when I discharge my phone to the point where it turns off, the battery wears out faster. Although battery replacement on Samsung phones is not so expensive

These tips might be helpful, but at the end of the day, battery that will weaken will still weaken. It is just a matter of time. I just pray that mine does not start misbehaving soon.

I am doing my best to not charge more than 80% but there are times when I forget to detach it from the charger and have never tried charging from 30 to 100 overnight and have never heard about it

I heard a lot of people talk about how charging your phone to 100% is wrong but why though? Like am in an area where we do not have stable power supply, so we always have to charge our phones to 100%

These days I am only charging 80% of my phone battery and I feel its ideal and most experts say that its better to not charge more than 80

These days I am only charging 80% of my phone battery and I feel its ideal and most experts say that its better to not charge more than 80
I would have love to try this, but over here we don't have constant light. Like now on Sunday was the last day we saw light. They might probably bring it as from tomorrow or there about. So any chance I get would be to charge my battery full to a 100% and my battery no longer last like it used to.

I would have love to try this, but over here we don't have constant light. Like now on Sunday was the last day we saw light. They might probably bring it as from tomorrow or there about. So any chance I get would be to charge my battery full to a 100% and my battery no longer last like it used to.
The electricity issue is also a problem here. That's why I have not been online the past few days, so I cannot afford to not charge my phone to 100% whenever there's an opportunity to do so.

I am sticking with charging my phone battery up to 80% only, just to keep it in good health as my phone is still fairly new

I am sticking with charging my phone battery up to 80% only, just to keep it in good health as my phone is still fairly new
So you mean that it is not advisable to charge phones up to 100% every time? Because that's what I usually do, I always make sure my phone is fully charged before I unplug it.

For full day use no less than 100 % if you will use for several hours during the day but for some uses 80 % could be enough to not damage it by the fact of experience.

Whereas my rule is to charge my phone 100% at least a day and charge it when the battery goes below 10%. I don't know if this rule is fine or not.

Featured Articles

Back