Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can I still build muscle on a vegetarian or vegan diet?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
You need a lot of protein to build muscle mass but vegetarian or vegan foods are thought to be lacking protein. so, can you actually build muscles through vegetarian diet? Answer: Yes, it's possible to build muscle on a vegetarian or vegan diet by ensuring you consume adequate protein from plant-based sources such as beans, lentils, tofu, quinoa, and nuts. You may also consider supplementing with pea protein or soy protein powder to meet your protein needs.

I personally know people who have succeeded because having a lot of muscles does not mean that it was necessary to eat a lot of meat, because the main reason is in the fat and the same nutritional functions that are in meat can be obtained from other products

No matter the kind of diet you are on, it is still advisable for you to be involved in working out routine from time to time because there is always a workout session that will be convenient for you irrespective of the diet you are consuming so that you can build muscles and also keep yourself healthy at all times.

There are so many vegan diets that are rich in protein. One of them is Soya beans. And there are various recipes you can do with soyabeans. Another vegan diet rich in protein are diets that are based on groundnut. Groundnut is rich in crude protein and crude energy. Yes. Vegetable protein sources can help build body mass.

Biggest and strongest mammal? The Elephant.

They are wise, strong and dominates the space than any other species. There is nothing wrong being a veg or non veg person. You are as good as your values are.

I think it's possible just a little harder and would take longer.

Yes, it is absolutely possible to build your muscles as a vegetarian but all you need to do is to ensure the adequate intake of protein and you must also try as much as possible to take essential amino acids and some other nutrients that are necessary for muscle growth.

I am a vegetarian, I was a muscular man, now normal, but still fit to fight, strength is not over.
Cannot tell you about vegan, but that works too, many people cannot digest milk products. Yet most of strong people here are milkaholic.

Yes I very much believe it's possible, but then again it's not just about what you eat, but your workout routines also play an important role. There are specific workouts we need to do to be able to gain muscles.

Absolutely, it is possible to build plenty of muscle on a vegetarian or vegan diet. The key is ensuring you consume enough high-quality plant-based protein sources like lentils, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and protein powders. Eating a wide variety of these foods while maintaining a calorie surplus will provide the amino acids needed for muscle growth and repair.

A lot of people think the vegetarian diet is not enough for a strong body. It is not true. While non veg has its benefit, veg is sufficient if you know how to make use of it.

I'm also trying to train with more plant-based foods because I don't like how I feel after eating even though there are a lot of energizing ingredients. For some reason it seems to me that after fruits and vegetables I feel much better

Back