Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Can excessive gaming impact one's social life?

I think anything can impact one's life if you are using it or doing it excessively.

It's okay to play video games from time to time but I don't think it's okay to spend every waking moment playing video game. When I was a kid, I was allowed to play video games but there was also times we had to go outside and play or go do other things.

I think anything can impact one's life if you are using it or doing it excessively.

It's okay to play video games from time to time but I don't think it's okay to spend every waking moment playing video game. When I was a kid, I was allowed to play video games but there was also times we had to go outside and play or go do other things.
Which is the popular saying that too much of everything is bad. There should always be a limit. When there is no limit, that's when we start having issues.

I love to play outdoor games and board games. I have never been addicted to these games on the screen. Excess of them have shown to have negative impacts on the overall social, emotional and mental well being of people. It has bad impacts on overall health too.

I love to play outdoor games and board games. I have never been addicted to these games on the screen. Excess of them have shown to have negative impacts on the overall social, emotional and mental well being of people. It has bad impacts on overall health too.
Indeed, I also feel that outdoor games are better alternatives to all of this online and video games. It aids better brain development and is less addictive.

I feel excess of anything is bad and if we are addicted to gaming and play games for hours then we can be a little more irritated, violent and may slowly become anti social too

I feel excess of anything is bad and if we are addicted to gaming and play games for hours then we can be a little more irritated, violent and may slowly become anti social too
The most profound effect is reflected on your last words. Excessive gaming can make one to lose any form of social skills that foster interaction with others.

The most profound effect is reflected on your last words. Excessive gaming can make one to lose any form of social skills that foster interaction with others.
I can say that because I have been affected by it, I used to play games for long and mostly stay indoors so even now I am not so much social in my offline life

Yes, it affects our social life because we spend most of our time on games and spend less time talking to the people around us. I have noticed people always sitting in the corner and playing games on their phones.

I can say that because I have been affected by it, I used to play games for long and mostly stay indoors so even now I am not so much social in my offline life
That's sad. I guess you have broken free from the addiction to games now?

That's sad. I guess you have broken free from the addiction to games now?

It's better to play offline and outdoor games than to get addicted with the online games.

Indeed, I also feel that outdoor games are better alternatives to all of this online and video games. It aids better brain development and is less addictive.
Yes, it is. I have been always an outdoor activities loving person. And my profession as a special educator gives me enough opportunities to come up with games, play and movements that help with cognitive development. So, I get to be involved and play them almost every day.

It has impacted not just fashion and music but also interpersonal communication. There are now phrases and slang exclusive to the gaming industry.

When you associate "excessive" with anything it will not be very good. As long as you are doing with moderation, most of the things you do will be good. If you play games in moderation, it can be very good for your mental health and cognitive functions.

It's better to play offline and outdoor games than to get addicted with the online games.
Very true, I always younger people to engage in more offline games instead of focusing on online games only. The availability of Internet was limited during our time so we engaged in more offline games.

I'm not an heavy gamer, never been. But there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind spending all day on their computers or devices playing online games.
These people don't care what goes on in the outside world, for them, their game is their world.
What negative impact do you think this gaming addiction can have on their social life?
Yes, especially when you are a growing up kid, it can make you not relate well with your fellow friends. You will prefer to be in your room playing rather than running around. Can make you even introverted.

Yes, especially when you are a growing up kid, it can make you not relate well with your fellow friends. You will prefer to be in your room playing rather than running around. Can make you even introverted.
That is true, that is why parents have a lot of responsibility to make sure that their kids are not addicted to gaming right from a young age.

When one is so addicted to gaming, and almost finds all his or her succour in a console, it would surely affect the social life because such a person won't really value human relationships.

We just simply need to find a balance, like they say, too much of everything is bad.

Excess of anything is bad and too much gaming may make you mentally weak and you may start looking at every situation as a game situation and may start killing people LOL

I'm not an heavy gamer, never been. But there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind spending all day on their computers or devices playing online games.
These people don't care what goes on in the outside world, for them, their game is their world.
What negative impact do you think this gaming addiction can have on their social life?
Yes I believed with your words and I am also not a heavy gamer but I think engaging on that will affect their education, and it can also lead to destruction of their seeing

Back