Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Blind date?

Speaks

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Have you ever been on one? My friend really wants me to meet a guy. I haven’t dated in a while and I’m not sure. Advice?

I have never been on a blind date but if an opportunity presented itself, why not? You should go! It's only a date and who knows? You might meet the one ;)

I have never been on a blind date but if an opportunity presented itself, why not? You should go! It's only a date and who knows? You might meet the one ;)
I would like to meet someone but I don’t consider myself very attractive and I worry he won’t want to be with me. She insists he’s a nice guy and we live in the same city.

I would like to meet someone but I don’t consider myself very attractive and I worry he won’t want to be with me. She insists he’s a nice guy and we live in the same city.
Attractiveness is subjective - for all you know, he might find you very attractive. Be confident and don’t let self-doubt hold you back. You should definitely give it a try and see where it leads. Worst case scenario, it doesn’t work out, his loss! :)

Nope, never. But if there was a chance, sure. I think it is a good way to meet somebody because you don't have to waste time on approaching her and finding the right words to get her attention. You skip all the hard work and go to dating part right away. Like a business :D

Have you ever been on one? My friend really wants me to meet a guy. I haven’t dated in a while and I’m not sure. Advice?

Maybe you should try going! if your friend is really close to you.. maybe she wants the best for you!

I never been on a blind date before, but I think you should go for it @Lucy Lacemaker! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, he might fall for you and you might fall for him. But you'll never know until you go for it!

I don't trust blind dates and I've never been at any. Why would I be interested in going on a blind date? I don't see it as something smart do do especially when it's a serious relationship you're looking for.

I've never been on a blind date and I'll never do it. I don't even use social media dating websites too. I can't give any advice on this because I'm not in any relationship now.

Blind date? What's that? I don't know what a blind date is and I'm not willing to find out. If I want a date, I'll go for the girl. If she's up for it, we will do it.

Don't listen to your friend. I'll never support blind date because nothing is wrong with going on an open date. Know someone before going on a date with him or her.

I have never been on a blind date, but if your friend can vouch for him (he is a decent guy, single, honest, not a physho!) than why not? Best case scenario, you guys hit it off, have a good time and "date" or just stay as friends. If you don't feel comfortable going out alone with him, suggest a double date wirh your friend and their partner.

I've never been on any blind dates and I wouldn't trust a blind date either.
I just don't like the idea of meeting with someone I have never met or spoken to before.

I've never been on any blind dates and I wouldn't trust a blind date either.
I just don't like the idea of meeting with someone I have never met or spoken to before.
The blind which is in it already is a big turn off. I can't trust what I can't see. If it's a matter of trying to start up a new relationship, I will cross everything which needs to be crossed before accepting to go on a date with anyone. All these can't be done with a blind date.

I can't give advice, but I would never do it because appearance is so important to me and no matter what anyone says, I can't accept a person I don't know enough to go on a date with.

I'm very sorry to say what I'm about to say with regards to blind date, it's a date which is meant for those who are cowards when they are interested in being in a relationship with either man or a woman. If you can't do it openly, why do you think it's going to work out with someone you met on a blind date?

When I was in my teens, a blind date always fascinated me. I listened to a radio program that allowed two people to talk on the phone in the live program and arranged a blind date. If I had managed to get my call connected, I would have also been on a blind date but it did not happen. I have now no desire for blind date.

People need to know how to go for what they want in a mature way. It doesn't have to be through a blind date for you to start up a relationship. A lot of things can go wrong in starting a relationship through blind date. There will always be suspicion of your partner.

But it's just a waste of time, because it's not so easy to find the one you need by searching on purpose, and hoping that you'll meet the same person on a blind date is already a small hope and the chance of this is small

The problem I know with using blind date option is that a lot of people live fake life. If you're not careful, you will end up with a wrong person who will make like unbearable. Relationship require a lot of work. If you get into bed with the wrong person, it's going hard for you.

Back