Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Being awake 24 hours without sleep till the next day?

Even though I like sleeping very well because I know that when I get a good number of hours of sleep, it makes me feel better but I don't think I have ever slept for 15 hours without any interruption because that sounds very crazy in my opinion. But for those who enjoys it, I think it's very okay for them to do so.

I have also experienced similar days like this as well, where I would be so busy during the day with so many jobs then again at night I either have an alnite program or personal jobs to do.

The next day would be completely drab and drowsy for me if I spend a whole 24 hours without sleep. I don't think I have ever had that kind of day. At least, two to three hours of sleep would rescue the next day for me.

This has never happened to me and it would be hard on my body to stay awake for 24 hours.

Staying awake for 24 hours straight takes a toll, both mentally and physically. After that long period without rest, I feel foggy and sluggish.

It has happened to me before, I was working on my computer all night and didn't get any sleep. But it affected my productivity the next day, I couldn't concentrate because I was feeling stressed.

It has happened to me before, I was working on my computer all night and didn't get any sleep. But it affected my productivity the next day, I couldn't concentrate because I was feeling stressed.
You will think a lot about something not meaningful due to fatigue and stress.

I had this and it was because of my brother's birthday about 5 years ago. I was still younger then, so it wasn't so difficult for me to endure rote, I think I wouldn't be able to do it now

I cannot live without taking sleep of 6-7 hours in a day. I wonder how people stay awake for 24 hours. During my college years, many of my friends used to study the whole night, but I never used to. I used to sleep at night and study in the morning.

Last edited:
I've had trouble with sleeping sometimes but it have never happened to the extent I didn't shut my eyes for at least 1 hour. I would freak out if this happened to me.
Yes, it's not even healthy, it could lead to something else if care is not taken.

That is exactly what happened throughout that day! I could not focus on anything, at the end of the day I couldn't accomplish something tangible.
It is similar to face during sleeping. During sleep you could think about a lot of things in a single time frame. There is no something continuous thinking like being waked up. If you do not sleep same thing will happen next day.

Its tough to function like that because if I don't sleep for at least 5-6 hours straight at night then I do feel sleepy through out the day the next day

Its tough to function like that because if I don't sleep for at least 5-6 hours straight at night then I do feel sleepy through out the day the next day
In that case, it will be better for you to not go to work. Because you will have a lot of explanation to do when you're caught sleeping during work hours!

Back