Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Are you able to wake up without an alarm?

Nolan

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Many people who need to wake up at a specific time usually set an alarm to wake them up when they are fast asleep. Do you need an alarm to wake you up whenever you need to? Personally, I don't need alarm to wake me up because I've trained myself to wake up around 5am every morning.

Are you able to wake up without an alarm?

I'm not able to sleep

so sure, I guess..

If I go to bed early, then yes I can wake up without an alarm.
If I go to bed late, I need to have alarms set otherwise I won't wake up until 1-2 pm.

My wake up alarm is very loud. There is no one who would not be woken up by my alarm once it rings. I had to set the alarm this way because previously, it wasn't waking me up which makes me be late for work. I make sure to sleep early in the night, it helps me to feel good when my alarm wakes me up in the morning.

If there's something very important on the coming day, I won't need an alarm to wake me up. My subconscious mind keeps waking me up after every few hours just to check whether it's time already. Otherwise, I mostly need an alarm to wake up on time.

My wake up alarm is very loud. There is no one who would not be woken up by my alarm once it rings. I had to set the alarm this way because previously, it wasn't waking me up which makes me be late for work. I make sure to sleep early in the night, it helps me to feel good when my alarm wakes me up in the morning.

I don't use an alarm when I am sleeping. I just go to bed, and most of the time, I wake up around 4 or 5 am. without any alarm. The thing is that it has mastered me, and I can only wake up later than this time when I overstressed myself the previous day.

I doubt I could wake up for work without my alarm. I fall asleep way to late and am only getting 6 hours of sleep each night. I think Id be getting up at 9 or 10 without it so I would be quite late.

I wake up every day without an alarm because I have the routine to sleep early at night. Even on weekends, the same system still applies. I do not think it is necessary to sleep late at night as many are doing.

I doubt I could wake up for work without my alarm. I fall asleep way to late and am only getting 6 hours of sleep each night. I think Id be getting up at 9 or 10 without it so I would be quite late.
If you are sleeping very late, it will be difficult to wake up early without an alarm. It's difficult to cheat nature, if you didn't sleep on time, you can't wake up without added help. My alarms have all been set to go on automatically. I don't have to set them all the time.

Most of the time, yes. I am very good at keeping the routine. I wake up exactly at the same time everyday for almost a decade now.

That means, you don't need help to get up unless there is a change in time.

Most of the time, yes. I am very good at keeping the routine. I wake up exactly at the same time everyday for almost a decade now.

That means, you don't need help to get up unless there is a change in time.
This is what's good about keeping and sticking to you life routine. The human body get used to what it usually do very often. This is why when you start waking up with an alarm at a specific time, over the course of time, you will be able to wake up by the same time when you don't use your alarm.

True. We are capable of wonderful things. We simply need to push ourselves a bit to achieve those skills.

Getting asleep is a big problem for many people these days. It is the same as waking up on time. Practice it and you will have a very neat sleep cycle.

If you are sleeping very late, it will be difficult to wake up early without an alarm. It's difficult to cheat nature, if you didn't sleep on time, you can't wake up without added help. My alarms have all been set to go on automatically. I don't have to set them all the time.

I am someone that always sleep early and that meant that I always wake up every morning having less need of an alarm clock to be awake. That has been helpful in ensuring that, while I enjoy my sleep, I am able to wake up early daily.

That is wonderful actually. Sleeping early is something this generation fails to achieve. Night life was never a thing when I was a kid. The world changed a lot in these decades and kids have no idea that night used to be a time for taking rest.

I am someone that always sleep early and that meant that I always wake up every morning having less need of an alarm clock to be awake. That has been helpful in ensuring that, while I enjoy my sleep, I am able to wake up early daily.
This is what I have started doing recently with going to sleep early at night. It helps me to sleep better before it's morning. It's not good cheat sleep which is why I made the decision to help myself. If you sleep well, you will have improved chances of being healthy very often.

I can wake up without any alarm. I don't sleep deep sleep, it makes it easier to wake up without needing any alarm to do the job.

I can wake up without any alarm. I don't sleep deep sleep, it makes it easier to wake up without needing any alarm to do the job.
There is a way I would feel tired in the night before sleeping, I will see myself enjoying a very deep sleep. When my body is weak, I will get a strong sleeping session at night. If I do not have my alarm on in such night, I might take long to wake up on my own.

I can wake up without an alarm, but not at the hours I need to. I always need an alarm clock to wake up early, even if I go to bed early and sleep a lot. I don't know why it is so hard for me to accept waking up at 6 in the morning if I slept for 9 hours

Whenever the room where you are sleeping is very cool and comfortable, it makes it convenient to sleep well. This is why I love having an air conditioning unit working in my room. I will switch it off whenever I'm at home. If I don't use alarm in this situation, I won't wake easily.

Even though I set up an alarm to wake up, I can wake up without an alarm if I try. I will have to make a habit by setting my my body clock and instruct my mind to wake up before I go to bed. It takes some time to perfect this practice and I can ultimately wake up without an alarm. I also need to sleep with lights on.

Back