Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

After How much time?

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
I most of the times change my smartphone after every 2 to 3 years or earlier if am not satisfied with its performance and sell the old one or keep it for any emergency if it's serving fine.

I don't change my smartphone till it doesn't work. I changed my smartphone because the display started dysfunctioning. I got it changed but it worked for 2 months. I thought of buying a new phone than to get it repaired.

My last phone worked well for 3 years and this one is more expensive so I will try to work with it for at least 4-5 years but I don't think I will stick with it for this long

I don't change my smartphone till it doesn't work. I changed my smartphone because the display started dysfunctioning. I got it changed but it worked for 2 months. I thought of buying a new phone than to get it repaired.
It's fine to use it till it's working. I don't mind buying used smartphone too as long as it's fairly new and in perfect condition because many do like to sell even a brand new phone after few days usage

I don't prefer to buy second-hand products. Recently, I bought a Samsung Galaxy A15 for my daughter because I was getting it at a cheaper rate than the market from a dealer. It's a good phone, though I never like Samsung products.

My smartphone is two years old and it is still okay . I do not want to buy a new or replace it. I have to save money as much as possible because I plan to open another franchise of my small business.

My smartphone is two years old and it is still okay . I do not want to buy a new or replace it. I have to save money as much as possible because I plan to open another franchise of my small business.

That's fine. We should not spend our money on the things which are not essential. Why should we spend on buying a phone when we don't require it and our old phone works well. I also don't buy a new phone untill my old phone stops working.

I don't prefer to buy second-hand products. Recently, I bought a Samsung Galaxy A15 for my daughter because I was getting it at a cheaper rate than the market from a dealer. It's a good phone, though I never like Samsung products.
I only buy if it's available at a steal price and is in perfect condition like new.
Samsung phones are not bad only their mobiles under 15k are not good but high end phones are excellent.

That's fine. We should not spend our money on the things which are not essential. Why should we spend on buying a phone when we don't require it and our old phone works well. I also don't buy a new phone untill my old phone stops working.
Indeed, it is illogical to buy a new smartphone if the previous one is still doing well. Let us not waste our money in the wrong way. We have to save instead for a future plan like investment or managing a small business.

Some people change their smartphone after some time and they are habitual to it and it's their choice. We should go for it as per our own choice. And no need to replicate other person's behavior.

I only buy if it's available at a steal price and is in perfect condition like new.
Samsung phones are not bad only their mobiles under 15k are not good but high end phones are excellent.

The original market rate is 20k but I got it at 12.5k INR. I saved 7.5k INR on it. My daughter likes the phone and the color.

When once my smartphone gets to two years, I start keeping money for a new one and when it stops malfunctioning, I get a new one. I technically change my smartphone every two years.

Previously, when I had cheap Android smartphones, I changed them every 2 years, but then I bought a very expensive smartphone and still haven’t changed it and don’t even plan to, and it’s been more than 5 years since the purchase

I usually used most of my device's for at least one year even though it serve well I really like to used the latest version of present or past year because I want to be actually updated in terms of technologies

If you don't like to spend money unnecessarily then you better buy when your phone stops working and these phones are quite expensive now and mostly work well for 1-2 years only

I make use of my smartphone carefully and use it for at least 2 years. Even after 2 years my smartphones works perfectly and can be used for some more time.

The life span of our smartphones is usually between two or three years. After this time frame, the phone begins depreciate. Due to money I have not been able to change mine. My phone is long over due for a change.

I have seen most phones start giving problems in 2 to 3 years but if you own an IPhone or Oneplus then you won't face issues and it's good for 4 to 5 years rest dependent upon the usage and care

Yes it mostly depends on the usage and how you care for it. There are cases where the phone starts developing issues even after a year and a half In most cases. I think my phone now should be around four years or so.

Actually, I plan to buy an iPhone, but my sister-in- law who works in Bahrain told me she will bring home an iPhone for me. She will be in the Philippines in December he he , not too far. But I will not think about it in case of failure, I will not be affected. I just wait and see of her sincerity.

Back