Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Young badminton player dies in mid of the game.

arunima25

Active Contributor

Reaction score
It's the news that flashed on my phone as soon as I picked it up for my online work. That's shocking! The shocking video has got viral on all social media and digital platforms in no time. A 17 years old Chinese Badminton Player, Zhang Zhijjie died of sudden cardiac arrest in middle of the match. The medical help was quick to come, but unfortunately, he succumbed within few minutes of collapsing. More information might come in future, but for now the press release concluded with the saying that it was a loss of some really promising talent in the game.
17 years is too young to die. And it's shocking that a fit sportsman succumbed to sudden cardiac arrest.
You can read the news here.

Yes, I read this news yesterday. It is very sad to know that such a young player died of cardiac arrest.

Yes, I read this news yesterday. It is very sad to know that such a young player died of cardiac arrest.
Aren't we getting a lot of such news lately? Young fit people dying of sudden cardiac arrest. And some dying in gym or while doing some fitness related activities. It's really a big concern. We are getting more such news after the pandemic.

Aren't we getting a lot of such news lately? Young fit people dying of sudden cardiac arrest. And some dying in gym or while doing some fitness related activities. It's really a big concern. We are getting more such news after the pandemic.

Also, celebrities are have passed away before of cardiac arrest in the recent time. We need to understand why it happens and should try not to such things which may stress our heart and can take away our life

17 years? He's still a kid, that's very sad. Don't they carry out proper medical screening for players? This could have been averted if they do.

17 years? He's still a kid, that's very sad. Don't they carry out proper medical screening for players? This could have been averted if they do.

It's hard to do that because at the age of 17 years no one takes a test for heart. I am sorry for this boy.

That's just so sad, especially for his fans and family members.death is indeed no respecter of anyone.

That's just so sad, especially for his fans and family members.death is indeed no respecter of anyone.

No family can bear the loss of a 17 year kid. I was very sad to hear this news.

No family can bear the loss of a 17 year kid. I was very sad to hear this news.
Yea at such a young age for that matter. There is still so much ahead of him he could have been able to achieve.

Also, celebrities are have passed away before of cardiac arrest in the recent time. We need to understand why it happens and should try not to such things which may stress our heart and can take away our life
Yes. Death of Siddharth and Rajkumar, the South Indian actor just after gymminng comes as a shock. They were so young and so fit. Some people started advocating excessive gym as the reason. Not sure what might be the case. In Siddharth's case it was the use of excessive consumption of ice cream on daily basis. It seems that he looked fit but had a high level of trans fat in his body due to his icecream addiction. He also smoked.
@Teegold . He was a promising badminton player playing for a tournament. I assume that there would have been physical tests done before selection. It comes as a shock.

Yes, I was shocked when I heard the news of sudden death of Sidharth Shukla. He was upcoming tv star and after winning big boss , he got famous among the girls.

Yes, I was shocked when I heard the news of sudden death of Sidharth Shukla. He was upcoming tv star and after winning big boss , he got famous among the girls.
Yes, he had a huge fan base. Seems like he was trying to cut down on his smoking but couldn't succeed. He seemed to have an addiction with ice cream. But then he looked so fit physically. So many people smoke and have such unhealthy lifestyle, but they live longer. It's just fate. Life is not fair and square.

Featured Articles

Back