Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What's the first word your baby said?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
For those who are married with kids, do you remember the first word which your baby spoke? Most of the time, they usually say mommy or momma first because they are with their mom mostly.

Can be remember your baby's first words?

I never had kids, but can remember my first word was mine

would reach out with my little fingers, grab something and go, mine..

I have four kids myself and I always remember my youngest first word was hi and the other three it was mama. Most tend to say it is something such as dada or mama so I was shocked when it was hi from my first born :)

My wife have always been the one who took care of the kids and stayed with them more often because I had to work. It is not that I don't participate in taking care of as well but my wife is more available to take care of them which is the reason why they always have to utter their first word to be mama.

MY baby, now 6 years old, likes his mom more than his dad. However, when he was a baby, he liked his dad more than his mom. I clearly remember the first word he said was ba ba, which is a word for father in our language. I think he was around 9 months old when he said that word.

MY baby, now 6 years old, likes his mom more than his dad. However, when he was a baby, he liked his dad more than his mom. I clearly remember the first word he said was ba ba, which is a word for father in our language. I think he was around 9 months old when he said that word.

Mothers are the one's who are very close to their kids from birth and upbringing. The period when the baby is still sucking breast makes them become too attached to their mother because they keep looking into their eyes when they are feeding.

I don't have children and I don't plan to yet, but I think many people would be happy if the first word was the word dad, because most children are raised by their mothers, and that's why they get the privilege of hearing the first word "mother" from a child. However, I would like to spend more time with the child so that he calls me sooner than mommy

One thing which is very common about kids is that whoever that is taking care of them have certain words that they always say to those kids when they are very small and it's those words that the kid will easily pick up and start saying it until the child will be able to learn some other words that are easy for him or her to grasp.

I don't have a baby yet, but I am hoping when I finally do, the first words should be dada 😂

The first word which my baby said was aaaah lol.. I don't know what it means but it's a common thing kids say when they are very young.

I have one child who is already 2 years old and she said her first word in 13months. I thought it would be either mom, abma, or dad, but the first word she said was baby, but in my language

Featured Articles

Back