Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Print books or digital ones

arunima25

Active Contributor

Reaction score
I have been an avid reader all my life. I have always enjoyed reading. Now a days, I see that more and more people are shifting to the digital formats be it on Kindle or other such digital platforms. But I still continue to be the old school way in love with printed books. I love the smell of the printed words, I love to flip the pages as I read them. And moreover, I don't want another activity on screen to strain my eyes more. I also love to have physical copies and display them beautifully on my bookshelves.
Yes, people say that digital copy are more environment friendly. But I refuse. There are other ways to save environment. And digital waste is another threat to environment. We have to be judicious in all our ways to save earth. Using more electricity is not environment friendly either. And not to forget the ill health effects that it brings

I enjoy printed books but these days I mostly go for digital ones simply because they are less expensive than the printed ones and they tend to occupy less space.

I also enjoy printed books as I don't get a feel of reading a book when I am reading a digital book.

We live in a digitalized word now, so it is only natural to go for PDF books instead of the printed one. Besides, one can have as many books are possible on the phone as compared to the storage space those printed books will occupy.

We live in a digitalized word now, so it is only natural to go for PDF books instead of the printed one. Besides, one can have as many books are possible on the phone as compared to the storage space those printed books will occupy.

Yes, this is advantage of using digital books but I still prefer books because physical books give me a feeling as if I am reading a book.

I don't think that I would be able to sit down and read a paper book now. I have really forgotten how to do it because most of my books for the last decade are e books.

Featured Articles

Back