Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Nepali food panipur

Terabaje7

Off The Mark

Reaction score
Anybody hear about Nepali street food panipur ?

Nope never heard about before, am guessing it's mostly popular in your location?

You should describe what it is as there are not many from Nepal, maybe Nomad is from nepal

Maybe @Nomad knows it. Is it Panipuri? If it is Panipuri them it's a famous street food here in India too.

Yes, Panipuri is popular street food here in Nepal, but the food itself is not truly Nepali. It arrived from India. Momos, which is also popular in India, mostly in North India, is actually a truly Nepali food.

You may not believe that I am still to try Momos LOL

You may not believe that I am still to try Momos LOL

That's strange because these days momos are very common snacks here in North india specially in Delhi. You won't find any fast food center not having momos in their menu.

I like momos and like to eat these daily but they are not good for health so I need to control my appetite

Yes, they are unhealthy for the body. That's why I don't allow my kids to eat them, whereas my son likes them, and, like you, @Kingpin, he can eat momos daily. I remember that we didn't have moms in our childhood. This is a Nepali dish that came to India in the 1990s, I guess, and now a days it's one of the most popular snacks here in North India.

Mostly these unhealthy foods are so yummy and tasty and due to health related problems I cannot have it daily so I have on the Sunday.

That's strange because these days momos are very common snacks here in North india specially in Delhi. You won't find any fast food center not having momos in their menu.
I am yet to try it and actually don't have any craving for that and like I said earlier too, I am yet to have a burger from years

Mostly these unhealthy foods are so yummy and tasty and due to health related problems I cannot have it daily so I have on the Sunday.
That's true these are not healthy and hygienic. We must try to avoid it.

Seeing everyone liking it, I think I should also try it someday although it's not good but I should at least have a taste of it

Back