Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Is imagination more important than knowledge?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
Imagination is not more important than knowledge, but rather a complementary counterpart. Knowledge provides the foundation and understanding of the world, while imagination allows us to envision possibilities, create new ideas, and innovate beyond existing boundaries. Imagination takes knowledge to new heights, turning information into inspiration, and enabling us to dream, invent, and progress. Together, knowledge and imagination form a powerful synergy, driving human creativity, innovation, and advancement.

Having knowledge is more important, what good is your imagination if you do not have any knowledge? They would simply be empty thoughts that's all.

Not at all, I don't consider imagination to be more important than knowledge. Knowledge can take us to great places, but imagination might not even leave our minds.

Why is the imagination being compared to knowledge? I don't actually understand it. Of what use are our imaginations when most of them don't even get aired out? Knowledge all the way.

I believe that knowledge is superior to imagination because it gives you clear directions. But when it comes to the strength of creativity, knowledge powers imaginations. When you imagine creatively and constantly seek out more knowledge, it would lead to innovation.

I believe that knowledge is superior to imagination because it gives you clear directions. But when it comes to the strength of creativity, knowledge powers imaginations. When you imagine creatively and constantly seek out more knowledge, it would lead to innovation.
I completely agree with this, imagination is simply wasting time day dreaming about things that will not even come to reality cause you do not even have the knowledge about how to do so.

I completely agree with this, imagination is simply wasting time day dreaming about things that will not even come to reality cause you do not even have the knowledge about how to do so.
I would not say that imagination is a waste of time. If you imagine creatively, you would likely generate ideas. But it takes knowledge to expand on those ideas. I always tell everyone to dare to imagine. That's the force of innovation and invention.

Imagination is not better than knowledge because simply knowledge is reality while imagination it's not

Imagination is not better than knowledge because simply knowledge is reality while imagination it's not
I think I would agree totally with you. Innovation would need application of knowledge for it to become a reality. Knowledge gives good information and it is already established facts. Imaginations could be fantasies.

Unfortunately! No imagination is not more important than knowledge, however you cannot compared something that was not reality with nothing it can never be possible to do so

Back