Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose a charming village along the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Can you imagine waking up every morning to the sunshine glistening on the clear blue Mediterranean waters? I would spend my days strolling through the narrow streets lined with colorful buildings, sipping espresso at sidewalk cafes, and soaking in the laidback Italian lifestyle. With fresh seafood, local wines, and epic hiking trails right at my doorstep, it would be absolute paradise.

I like the city where I live, but the country is a bit poor, but I wouldn't aspire too much, I would like to live in some more developed European country. For example, Slovakia or Poland. Maybe closer to the sea in Portugal

I would love to live in places that have better standard of living compared to my country here. So some European countries like Switzerland Norway Denmark and Germany are very good options.

The funny thing is from time to time I complain about where I live, but if I could choose where to stay, I believe I would still choose my current location. It might have not been the best place out there, but the memories are priceless.

If I were to live anywhere, I would love to live in Madrid, Spain. For some reasons, the city evokes strong emotions for me. I love the historical history behind the city. The aesthetics and the planning are all what I consider breathtaking.

The funny thing is from time to time I complain about where I live, but if I could choose where to stay, I believe I would still choose my current location. It might have not been the best place out there, but the memories are priceless.
You will not mind staying at your current location? But what if the opportunity for you to move comes and that move would mean that there will be higher quality of life for you and probably your kids in the future? Will you move or will you still back?

I would choose my village and the parental house there. We have two houses in the village and they have many rooms in it. We had a joint family of approximately 25 adults and 10 kids. But now no one live there, all of us have shifted to city and doing job or business.

If I were to live anywhere, I would love to live in Madrid, Spain. For some reasons, the city evokes strong emotions for me. I love the historical history behind the city. The aesthetics and the planning are all what I consider breathtaking.
Say the truth, you want to live in Madrid because you are a real Madrid fan 😊

I would choose my village and the parental house there. We have two houses in the village and they have many rooms in it. We had a joint family of approximately 25 adults and 10 kids. But now no one live there, all of us have shifted to city and doing job or business.
Seems like a nice place though, for now though am not so sure where I would want to live. I just need somewhere I can get some peace and quite and constant electricity.

Seems like a nice place though, for now though am not so sure where I would want to live. I just need somewhere I can get some peace and quite and constant electricity.

Frequent power cuts are there in the villages here, but because there are lots of trees in the villages and less pollution compared to cities, the effect of the higher temperature is less. That's why we need to plant more trees on this earth to reduce global warming.

Yeah, emphasis on constant electricity. Anywhere I am that there's no electricity cannot be called a home for me.

Yeah, emphasis on constant electricity. Anywhere I am that there's no electricity cannot be called a home for me.

I understand, electricity is an important thing in our life these days. Whereas I remember in childhood days when we used to live in Village for 2 months we were not dependent much on it.

I understand, electricity is an important thing in our life these days. Whereas I remember in childhood days when we used to live in Village for 2 months we were not dependent much on it.
That's because there were less gadgets to rely on then. The world today is overtaken by technology, so we have to adapt.

That's the problem we are more dependent on the gadgets these days. In our childhood we didn't have mobile phones and internet.

Haha true, once I have some extra cash, I think am going to focus on buying a solar charger so I can have access to power, especially for my work.

Haha true, once I have some extra cash, I think am going to focus on buying a solar charger so I can have access to power, especially for my work.
That's the way forward in our country nowadays. With gas price skyrocketing everyday, one can't afford to be putting on generator that often. So solar is the better option.

That's the way forward in our country nowadays. With gas price skyrocketing everyday, one can't afford to be putting on generator that often. So solar is the better option.
True, besides the cost of fuel, the cost of maintaining a generator is still another issue, so having a solar panel or charger is a better option.

Generators are outdated here; we use inverters for the backup. Solar panels are also widely used here, but the set-up is costly and it requires space; therefore, most people don't get them installed, but in villages, they are used by most people.

Generators are outdated here; we use inverters for the backup. Solar panels are also widely used here, but the set-up is costly and it requires space; therefore, most people don't get them installed, but in villages, they are used by most people.
I'm sure generators are no longer in high demand in your country. Not the case in mine though. Some that can't afford solar installation will have no other choice than to use generator.

Generators were in high demand few years back here but not now a days when the interruption is low now a days.

Back