Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The July Jamboree Contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever played a video game in another language?

eLdavis

Veteran

Reaction score
When I first played Naruto ninja impact on play station portable, it was in English but I later changed the language settings to japanese because it was a lot more fun when they speak Japanese while fighting.

I am not into video game playing at all. But my elder daughter does play few of the action oriented games and I have seen her changing the language from English to others like Japanese and French. She is fluent with French and is learning Japanese right now on her own from various sources.

Nah, I can't do that. I will not enjoy it because I don't understand the language being spoken. I prefer the games to be in English please.

I am not into video game playing at all. But my elder daughter does play few of the action oriented games and I have seen her changing the language from English to others like Japanese and French. She is fluent with French and is learning Japanese right now on her own from various sources.
Oh in that case changing the language would help her a lot in learning these new languages.

Oh in that case changing the language would help her a lot in learning these new languages.
Yes, that's her reason to do so. Even when we are watching some show, she will find if she can choose Japanese in the list if available. She is good with picking languages and she has picked quite a few on her own.

Yes, that's her reason to do so. Even when we are watching some show, she will find if she can choose Japanese in the list if available. She is good with picking languages and she has picked quite a few on her own.
I guess she tends to understand new languages faster. Thats great. It will be a big flex if she can speak up to 4 languages!

I guess she tends to understand new languages faster. Thats great. It will be a big flex if she can speak up to 4 languages!
Oh! She is already speaking four languages and understands a couple more. She is fluent with English, Hindi, French and our mother tongue. And she understands and manages a bit with Kannada, Korean and Japanese.

Oh! She is already speaking four languages and understands a couple more. She is fluent with English, Hindi, French and our mother tongue. And she understands and manages a bit with Kannada, Korean and Japanese.
Wow that's remarkable! And to think she leaned those languages without visiting most of the countries that speak them. Very nice.

These days there are lots of sites you can use or even apps where you can easily learn any language of your choice without having to visit these counties.

Wow that's remarkable! And to think she leaned those languages without visiting most of the countries that speak them. Very nice.
Yes, she has not visited all. She stayed in the US for first seven years of her life, she has been to UK, Japan and Paris for vacations. All these countries were visited before her 14th birthday. But she started learning these languages after that.

Yes, she has not visited all. She stayed in the US for first seven years of her life, she has been to UK, Japan and Paris for vacations. All these countries were visited before her 14th birthday. But she started learning these languages after that.
Very impressive. That said, she still has a better travel history than me! 😥

Very impressive. That said, she still has a better travel history than me! 😥
Actually, she is born to parents who are crazy about travelling. So, she has tagged along. My husband and I enjoy traveling. We work hard to earn extra to make our love for traveling actually happen.

Actually, she is born to parents who are crazy about travelling. So, she has tagged along. My husband and I enjoy traveling. We work hard to earn extra to make our love for traveling actually happen.
That's great. I would love to go traveling too when I have kids, if won't be bad to start giving them the traveling exposure right from a young age.

That's great. I would love to go traveling too when I have kids, if won't be bad to start giving them the traveling exposure right from a young age.
I totally agree. I could not travel much during my growing up age and it's the same with my husband. We both come from humble background and vacations were not always affordable. But now we are grateful that we can do it. My daughters have learnt a lot through travelling. Travelling gives a lot of exposure. It helps you develop your personality.

No, I don't play video games so don't have played any game in other language.

Does it mean that you don't enjoy playing video games or you don't play games at all? If you don't play games at all, that is understandable for not liking video games.

It's the same with me. I never found video games or any games to do with screen interesting. I remember going to video game parlours with my brother and cousin and playing Mario. The video game parlours were a booming business when we were teenagers. I did not like it much then too. I enjoy outdoor activities and games or indoor games that can be played physically and has humans to interact.

Yes i did when i played free fire for the first time it's default choosed Chinese language and i don't understand what this is but it's fun for a while and the characters sound Heard funny and good at that moment it's a good and scary moment.

Yes i did when i played free fire for the first time it's default choosed Chinese language and i don't understand what this is but it's fun for a while and the characters sound Heard funny and good at that moment it's a good and scary moment.
Good that the default choice came out to be Chinese. You got exposed to a new language accidentally. I am sure it turned out to be an experience that you can talk about now. Given a choice, you would have not opted for it. Some accidents enrich your experience be it interesting, weird or scary.

Featured Articles

Back