Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Gaming Gaming Laptops

Laifot

Flaming Metal Systems

Reaction score
Hi!

What are your thoughts on getting a Gaming Laptop instead of a Desktop build? Considering the improvement of cooling systems, do you think it's worthy to get one? talking about prize, it's obviously more expensive.

Portability is a big advantage. I have a PC, and also a PS5, and sometimes I don’t feel like sitting on my chair, and my set-up does not allow me to layback on my bed and play, so that would be nice. When I put it like that, I feel like getting one now!

Honestly I prefer my gaming rig to my gaming laptop. It's got better specs and I feel more comfortable sitting at a computer desk. However, if you don't have the space for a gaming rig laptops are fine though too. It's a plus if the laptop can be easily disassembled to add more ram to help performance.

I use a gaming laptop as my last job had me away from home more than I was home. They are pretty good anymore, but you need to remember that you are paying more for the same specs and those "same" specs are going to be underperforming mobile versions and dealing with thermal issues. So a $1700 i9 RTX 4070 desktop will perform better than a $2000 i9 RTX 4070 laptop. So if you do not need the portability (or want it) then you are quite literally paying more for less if you go for a laptop.

Granted, portability may be a major factor in your choice, and most gaming laptops are doing well with AAA games anymore. Wattage is something to also look at with laptops. Mine is a 330W laptop, which provides a good chunk of power for the CPU and GPU. As you reduce the power supply, the device does not get more efficiency, they just cut the performance from the CPU and GPU, but keep the same labeling. This is where things get very confusing as a 200W 3060 will outperform a 100W 3070, but on the box, those are just going to say 3060 or 3070 and hide the details.

If you love to moved about from your playing position once in a while, then getting a gaming laptop is a nice idea. Apart of that, there is no need for it if you have a PC.

As a gaming laptop owner, I believe it's a great choice. The improved cooling systems ensure efficient performance during intense gaming sessions. While they may be pricier, the portability and convenience they offer are worth it. You can enjoy high-quality gaming wherever you go, making it a worthy investment for avid gamers.

I do not own a gaming laptop. But some games require a gamer PC to run on your device. They could not run on ordinary PCs or desktops. But I am not much involved in the game industry so I may plan to purchase one in the future if things differ.

I have a gaming laptop, it is a mid range gaming laptop that I have been using for a couple of years. I spent around $1400 to purchase this machine. Currently, I am thinking to custom build a gaming PC. I will have to spend at least $2500 to build a gaming PC. I believe custom build gaming PC are better than gaming laptop

Now I have a gaming laptop but it's old and it can't run many games and it doesn't play old games very well so I mostly use it for work and it's very big and heavy so it's not easy to carry around. I would buy a newer and more innovative one, but it would cost a lot of money

The eternal dilemma for gamers laptop or desktop? Gaming laptops offer unbeatable portability, but desktops generally provide more power for your money. Personally, I prefer desktops for their upgradeability and raw performance edge. However, if you need that on-the-go gaming capability, a decent gaming laptop can be a worthy investment.

The next laptop I am hoping to get, while am getting it mainly for my graphic design business, I would still like to get a laptop that can handle most huge fans with ease.

Featured Articles

Back