Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Gaming Gaming Computers

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score
What do you own? What do you want? How would you judge various models in terms of quality and price? Where do you buy them? Do you build them?

I have a mid range gaming laptop. I bought it in 2020 for $1400. I am thinking to get a custom built gaming PC and I need at least $2500 to get a custom build gaming PC. I am a hobbyist gamer, therefore, I cannot spend a lot of money on a gaming PC or even prebuilt gaming laptop, or game accessories.

I now have a gaming laptop, but everything from it is gaming, so I named it because I bought it a long time ago and it is old and cannot run modern games. I'm currently saving up for a PC for over a thousand dollars because I want it to run fast and also want to play some modern games

I don't have such a computer now. I have a simple computer that can run simple games and only on low settings. I would plan to buy myself a gaming laptop that could only run games and carry this laptop with me

I use a regular laptop, I doubt it would be able to handle most high end games. Anyways it would be nice to have such gaming laptops though. There are some games I would like to play.

I currently game on a custom-built rig rocking an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor and an NVIDIA RTX 3070 GPU. It handles modern titles at high settings without issue. However, I have my sights set on upgrading to one of the new RTX 40 series GPUs for an extra performance boost as soon as prices become more reasonable. When evaluating PCs, I prioritize a good GPU, generous RAM, and futureproof upgradeability while seeking the best value proposition.

I don't have a computer specifically for gaming, but the one that I have can play about as much as any game out there. It's just that it's been a while I actually played a game on it. Even when I do, it was just for a few minutes.

The major components that defines a gaming computer is the RAM and the graphics card. With a standard processor and a high end Ram and graphics card, you can put together your own gaming PC. I have seen many people upgrade their computers to become gaming PCs.

The major components that defines a gaming computer is the RAM and the graphics card. With a standard processor and a high end Ram and graphics card, you can put together your own gaming PC. I have seen many people upgrade their computers to become gaming PCs.
I don't understand, do you mean that someone can actually upgrade their PC by themselves? I'm not exactly into tech like that so I wouldn't know.

Yes that's true, but you need to have an idea or knowledge of what you are doing, if not you might end up breaking your pc.

I like 3D digital art, you know, stuff like Blender and Poser. In that case, a gaming computer is what's needed because of the larger memory and superior graphics, but especially the memory.

Anyway, I want to get one at some point and get back into art, but other priorities right now.

What do you own? What do you want? How would you judge various models in terms of quality and price? Where do you buy them? Do you build them?
I have gaming computer that I bought earlier last year actually the computer worth it's price it was Samsung brand but I have never tried build them and I never taught about doing that

Back