Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Discuss a movie scene that left a lasting impression on you, either emotionally or visually.

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Many movies have scenes that leave a lasting memory, maybe it was because of how sad the scene was or maybe it was how awesome the scene was and you had never seen anything else done in any other movie before.

Have you watched a movie where a scene left a lasting memory for you? What scene was it and why do you feel it left that lasting memory?

The Last Samurai is one of my favorite movies. It is also one of the few movies that I have watched multiple times without getting bored. There is a scene in The Last Samurai where the emperor asks Tom Cruise about how Samurai died.
Emperor: Tell me how he died?
Tom cruise: I will tell you how he lived?

We do not value individuals when they are alive.

Last edited:
The last scene in No Time to Die where James Bond died left a last impression on me. Daniel Craig is my favourite James Bond. Seeing him die the way he did was too hard for me.

There is a scene in The Last Samurai where the emperor asks Tom Cruise about how Samurai died.
Emperor: Tell me how he died?
Tom cruise: I will tell you how he lived?

We do not value individuals when they are alive.
This is the saddest part as these movies teach people violence and that the life of a person does not have any kind of value or importance. You will inherit their beliefs. It could be some people's choice but it is not mine.

There are so many great films with amazing scenes I could list, but these 2 were the first to pop into my head.

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy without expecting it to be anything special. I mean, a talking raccoon and tree, come on. But man, it got me right from the start. That part where Peter's mom dies hit me hard. Something similar happened to me not too long before, and watching it, I just wished I could've been whisked away like he was. That scene almost made me cry, and I was trying hard to keep it together in front of my girlfriend. I don't think she realized just how much it got to me.

And I do think the final scene in Fight Club was maybe one of the best endings of all time. And the choice to play Where is My Mind by the Pixies summed up just how insane of a movie we all just witnessed.

The Pirates of the Caribbean will forever be among my favourite movie franchise. In all of them, it was Dead Men Tell No Tales that will be my favourite. The scene in the movie which had a lasting effect on me was when captain Barbosa was holding onto his daughter stopping her from falling into the sea, she saw the star tattoos on his hand, she asked him what am I to you, and he said my treasure. I'm having goosebumps tying this.

I watched many movies and many were sad, but I have no emotions from the movie because I understand that it is just a movie and even if someone died there, it has no effect on me. However, in the movie Bridge to Terabithia, when the girl Leslie suddenly died, it was a big shock for me and I felt very sad because they made it very unexpected

The reason why I do not like watching movies with anyone especially my sister or my mother is how they used to cry like babies when there is any kind of tragedy in the movie which they are watching. Even in shooting movies, when someone is killed, they will start crying. They did it when they watched Saving Private Ryan.

The reason why I do not like watching movies with anyone especially my sister or my mother is how they used to cry like babies when there is any kind of tragedy in the movie which they are watching. Even in shooting movies, when someone is killed, they will start crying. They did it when they watched Saving Private Ryan.
I understand you perfectly, because I often watch movies with my sister, and women are much more emotional and they can cry even because of a situation where no one dies, but a scene with farewells or divorces is just sensitive, it also annoys me

It depends on the reason for the farewell in the movie I'm watching or the reason for the divorce. If it's a farewell I wanted so badly, it would not annoy me or a divorce which I'm in support for, I will back it very well. It's when I feel the farewell or divorce isn't necessary it would be annoying to me.

The scene in "Schindler's List" where Oskar Schindler breaks down in tears after realizing he could have saved more lives has always haunted me. The raw emotion and weight of Liam Neeson's performance, combined with the gravity of the historical events depicted, created an unforgettably poignant moment.

The killing of General Custer in 'Son of the Morning Star'.

I was most impressed by the film Hachiko because it is a very emotional film about a dog and I cried a lot while watching it and then for the next two days I was very depressed.

The last scene in No Time to Die where James Bond died left a last impression on me. Daniel Craig is my favourite James Bond. Seeing him die the way he did was too hard for me.
This was epic, I was not expecting James Bond to die all, after all he is James Bond. After it ended I kept on waiting for a post credit scene where they would show he is still alive or something.

I found the romantic movie titled 'midnight sun's to be emotional for me. A girl that cannot be under the sun for health reasons, so has to be indoors during the day. But little ray of sunlight eventually touches her skin while out with her crush, and she ended up dying.
That movie really got me.

Featured Articles

Back