Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Are you a dark-mode fan or a light-mode fan?

For some reasons, the dark mode for any site always strains my eyes and makes longer viewing difficult. I prefer the light modes. They make everything brighter. A site that has only the dark mode wouldn't be having me for long.

I have been an advocate of dark mode ever since it was introduced. It is not only easier on the eyes and more readable, especially in low-light situations, but it also consumes less power, which is ideal when I am without my power bank.

I like both. But I prefer light mode if I am not spending too much time on a website / app.

Some dark mode colour schemes are bad, too bright, bad contrast etc.

When I mistakenly switch to the dark mode, I have to quicky switch back to the light mode because I am always on ybe road. Viewing a site on dark mode on the road is quite straining for the eye.

I'm definitely team dark mode all the way! Light mode just feels so harsh and glaring on my eyes, especially in low-light situations. Dark mode with its high contrast and easy readability is much more soothing. Whether it's my phone, computer, or apps, I always jump at any opportunity to enable that sleek, modern dark theme.

I don't have a personal favorite though. There are times where I prefer dark mode, then there are times I use light mode. It mostly depends on what I feel like that period. Currently I am making use of dark mode.

Generally I prefer using light mode. However sometimes in my quest for a new experience I can just switch to the dark mode. well everything depends on my mood though.

I prefer the light mode on Satya because for me the text is much clearer and it also keeps me from falling asleep, because very often when the sites are in dirty mode and I use it at night, my eyes are more relaxed and I want to sleep because of it

I used to prefer normal or light mode all my life but due to my slight eye problem, I have started to prefer the dark mode, and its better as it saves us from unnecessary eye stain.

It usually depends on my mood. There are times I prefer dark mode, like right now I am currently using a dark mode. As of last week I was using a light theme.

I used to prefer normal or light mode all my life but due to my slight eye problem, I have started to prefer the dark mode, and its better as it saves us from unnecessary eye stain.
Yes is very understandable because of your medical condition. So it is advisable to stick to dark mode when browsing. As for me, I still prefer using light mode most of the time, but maybe at night when the phone screen is too bright because of light mode, I just switch to dark mode.

I light mode themes, but dark mode themes are good at night.

Lately, I have started to prefer the dark mode and its good for our eyes too so why not

Lately, I have started to prefer the dark mode and its good for our eyes too so why not
Yes, the dark mode might be good for the eyes but I prefer to use them at night. This will reduce the brightness that is associated with light mode. But if I use the dark mode during the day, I'll never be able to see the screen very well.

Yes, the dark mode might be good for the eyes but I prefer to use them at night. This will reduce the brightness that is associated with light mode. But if I use the dark mode during the day, I'll never be able to see the screen very well.
I sometimes dislike dark mode but after I analyse its plus points, I am sticking with it only

I sometimes dislike dark mode but after I analyse its plus points, I am sticking with it only
Well I wouldn't blame you. You want your eyes to be intact for a long time, that's why you have decided to stick to the dark mode. But as for me, while I use light mode in the day, my phone screen brightness is always reduced to the lowest.

Featured Articles

Back