Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Will Cricket Be Next Football

Kingpin

Veteran

Reaction score
By this I mean will cricket be limited to franchise cricket and World cup like how it's happening with the football all around the world.

I highly doubt cricket would be the next football. Though I am simply saying things from my own perspective. At the moment cricket is still not as popular in most places like football. Other games like basketball is more popular.

Yes, cricket can never be like football. Cricket is not popular among the countries unlike football. But the liking for cricket is expanding now. The things have changed a bit after the worldcup organised in USA this time which has never played in any major tournament.

Indeed the world of cricket is enlarging, ic it continues like this, I believe it is only a matter of time before it starts reaching out to more places.

Indeed the world of cricket is enlarging, ic it continues like this, I believe it is only a matter of time before it starts reaching out to more places.

Actually, cricket is not famous in US and other continents but is very famous in South Asia and I see after 15-20 years it will a famous sports all over the world.

Actually, cricket is not famous in US and other continents but is very famous in South Asia and I see after 15-20 years it will a famous sports all over the world.
Even here in my country cricket is not popular or known. I was only able to know about it in the past because I have come across some video games and news about it. And recently I started hearing more about it in this forum.

Cricket can be as popular as football if not more and for that they need to get away with the complicated rules and make T10 official

Cricket doesn't have sufficient clout to be as big as football. The big countries in cricket doesn't have what it takes in terms of media to push cricket into mainstream. The west control the bulk of sports media.

It's hard but its only the T20 cricket or even T10 that can make it happen as its the shortest format and they should remove the confusing laws

Back