Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Why is there selfish being?

Scorpion

Veteran

Reaction score
The concept of selfishness in human behavior can stem from various factors, including individual personality traits, upbringing, societal influences, and psychological motivation. Another cause is a lack of empathy. Some individuals may exhibit selfish behavior due to a lack of empathy or the inability to understand and share their feelings with others. This lack of emotional connection can lead to self-centered attitudes and actions that disregard the needs and feelings of others. It is important to recognize that selfish behavior is a complex and multi-faceted phenomenon influenced by a combination of internal and external factors. Is there a selfish member in your family, or know a selfish friend?

Most times the kind of environment we grow up in also matters, people are selfish because they only care about themselves. Since they tend to put themselves before others, they don't mind how their actions affects others, as long as it benefits them.

Most times the kind of environment we grow up in also matters, people are selfish because they only care about themselves. Since they tend to put themselves before others, they don't mind how their actions affects others, as long as it benefits them.
I hate selfish people. Their hearts are like stones but not directed in the right swing of selfishness. Some of them were influenced by peer pressures thus leading them to get used to selfishness forgetting the value of friendship and of being human. It hurts but let us just stay away from that kind of personality to have peace of mind and heart.

Indeed, they don't care about what others would go true, as long as it would benefit them they are okay with it. Selfish people are only after themselves and no one else.

In my opinion, most people become such people in childhood when they follow the example of their parents. This cannot be changed and such people will not change during their lifetime. He will always look for friends who are the same so that they have the same views and thus he will maintain the same character.

Yes you are right and I agreed with your words but at times it was their family trait and they can never change

I hate selfish people. Their hearts are like stones but not directed in the right swing of selfishness. Some of them were influenced by peer pressures thus leading them to get used to selfishness forgetting the value of friendship and of being human. It hurts but let us just stay away from that kind of personality to have peace of mind and heart.
Actually you are right and it really hurts but there are some of the people it's really from their family trait and they can never change what will you say?

I have come to realise that there are some instances that selfish does not apply at all. For instance one should be very dependant on their own life and that would make them to be more profitable for the truth of the matter.

Yes you are right and I agreed with your words but at times it was their family trait and they can never change

Actually you are right and it really hurts but there are some of the people it's really from their family trait and they can never change what will you say?
Yes it's also possible it's a family trait. They probably grew up in a family that only cares about themselves, hence they get used to that life style.

I do not know they are selfish but because of the facts about them why acting that way, I resolved to understand their selfishness. It seems that attitude will not be cured. It seems part of their brain. Those selfish are the ones who always ask from us anything even borrowing our c; clothes.

I do not know they are selfish but because of the facts about them why acting that way, I resolved to understand their selfishness. It seems that attitude will not be cured. It seems part of their brain. Those selfish are the ones who always ask from us anything even borrowing our c; clothes.
Actually yes and for me I think that doesn't have cure is left for you to limit the way you associated with them@eldavis

Actually yes and for me I think that doesn't have cure is left for you to limit the way you associated with them@eldavis
We cannot blame them, it is the orientation of their personalities but they can cure their selfishness by understanding the people surrounding them. My neigbor once was selfish. When her neighbor drops by, she hides their food in the cabinet. What a pity but her neighbor visits her to give her something to eat. It's done daily until the selfish neighbor cured or stopped her selfishness.

We cannot blame them, it is the orientation of their personalities but they can cure their selfishness by understanding the people surrounding them. My neigbor once was selfish. When her neighbor drops by, she hides their food in the cabinet. What a pity but her neighbor visits her to give her something to eat. It's done daily until the selfish neighbor cured or stopped her selfishness.
Actually many of people tends to be selfish like that and they don't care about others no matter what

Actually many of people tends to be selfish like that and they don't care about others no matter what
Others never care they just let the selfish people do the thing their brain is oriented to. It seems hard to convert their mindset. However, if they will only be courageous for a change there is nothing impossible like what my neigbor did.

Selfishness is sponsored by greed and that attitude of feeling that yourself is more important than others. That's why people would not bother throwing other people under the boss just to achieve their own selfish and personal gains. It is a very terrible situation.

There are selfish people and we cannot blame them. It might be their orientation or having not enough something to share with others. Let us understand them. They cannot be changed. It is part of their mindset only their courage can change it.

Back