Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Why don’t you do the things you know you should be doing?

Yusra

Veteran

Reaction score
The paradox of self-awareness! I know what I should be doing, but fear, procrastination, and comfort zones hold me back. I get stuck in analysis paralysis, overthinking the perfect approach. Perfectionism and self-doubt creep in, making it hard to take the first step. But I'm working on building self-compassion, breaking tasks into smaller steps, and focusing on progress over perfection. By acknowledging my humanity and taking small wins, I'm slowly bridging the gap between knowing and doing.

Will sometimes I know what I should do, but the desire to do them is just not there. I believe that it happens to every human sometimes in their life.

Fear is always the culprit when it comes to issues like. The reason why most people do not do what they are supposed to do is because they are scared. It could be fear of failing or anything.

Fear is always the culprit when it comes to issues like. The reason why most people do not do what they are supposed to do is because they are scared. It could be fear of failing or anything.
Do you mean like if a guy does not approach a girl to ask her out, it means that he has the fear of getting rejected? Well, that is definitely one way of looking at it!

Procrastination is almost like the default nature of every human. We love to always postpone the things that we can do now. I am a victim of procrastination and it is a big struggle for me to break away from it as it were.

Do you mean like if a guy does not approach a girl to ask her out, it means that he has the fear of getting rejected? Well, that is definitely one way of looking at it!
Yea, there are so many reasons. It could be the guy is scared of being rejected, for some it could be that they are scared of fully commiting to a new relationship, and so on.

I think that for me there is always that opposing power that holds me back from doing the right thing for sure.

In some cases yes that's pretty much it. I know there are several times I have had feelings for someone I don't say it simply because I was scared.

Sometimes, I just get so lazy and wouldn't want to do anything. But I sometimes fight very hard and my inner will wins most of the times for me to do what I ought to do.

We are not bots and there are times when we are fed up of the routine work and like to either take a break or don't do anything

That's true, there are times when I am just simply tired and do not feel like doing anything.

I do experience that at times even in weekdays and on most Sundays I tend to relax and don't do anything

Sundays are my days to relax. I always try my best not to do much on Sundays, unless we have an emergency job i need to sort out.

That's might be caused by the ignorance. Most people have really failed in controlling that.

We do afford to do that at least once or twice a week as its not possible for anyone to stay active 24X7

I still believe that as humans, we should just understand ourselves and manage it. Prioritize the things that are absolutely important and try to meet them. We shouldn't be missing things that we should do for any reason.

That's might be caused by the ignorance. Most people have really failed in controlling that.
True, there are a lot of people suffering today simply because they lack knowledge of the solution they need. There are also cases where some have refused to learn or grow.

I agreed with your words but most of the people they actually don't have their choice because and they think it's good to copy someone's life which is wrong at times you have to focus on your life and faced your problems your self not observing others

Back