Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Which promises have you broken?

Roman

Active Contributor

Reaction score
The reason why I don't make promises to anyone is because I don't want to be known as someone who never keeps all his promises. This is why my response to anyone who needs anything from me is " I'll see what I can do".

Have you ever made any promise which you failed to keep? What was the promise and why couldn't you keep it?

I have broken promises multiple time, some promises are simple where as some promises are grave. Sometimes I even end up regretting for the promises I broke. I have even broken promises that I made to myself and this is something I need to work hard. When you break the promise yo made to yourself, you will encounter many problems in your life.

I also try to do so, but sometimes it is even very interesting to make a promise and do everything in your power to fulfill it. I am very passionate about it and I have never broken my promise and I try to give people everything that I promised and for me it creates a good mood

I have never made any promise to anyone and fail not to fulfill the promise. I understand what it means to make promise and what it means to break a promise to someone which is the reason why before I make a promise to anyone, I must make sure it is something I will do anything humanly possible to get it done.

I really don't like making promises cause when I do, I always feel guilty when I have not fulfilled it or when there is a delay in fulfilling it. Though there are times I have broken certain promises.

I really don't like making promises cause when I do, I always feel guilty when I have not fulfilled it or when there is a delay in fulfilling it. Though there are times I have broken certain promises.
I also don't like to do this because if I make a promise, I understand that I will do everything that depends on it to fulfill it and sometimes even put someone's interests above my own

I've tried my best to keep the important promises in my life, but I'm certainly not perfect. One that really weighs on me is breaking a promise to my best friend years ago. I promised to make it to their wedding no matter what, but ended up having to miss it due to a family emergency. I've also broken small promises like being late to meet someone. While unintentional, broken promises can damage trust and hurt people close to me, which I deeply regret.

I believe in the old fashioned concept of honor. I keep my word, don't give it easily but when I do my word is my bond. No breaking of promises here.

I believe in the old fashioned concept of honor. I keep my word, don't give it easily but when I do my word is my bond. No breaking of promises here.
This is the right way to go about it, unless you are sure you would be able to keep that promise, do not make any promises. This is why I choose to not give a reply most of the times.

My word is my bond. That's why I don't like making promises. I try to make my words have value. That's why anytime I open my mouth to say or make a promise, I plan and commit myself to fulfil it.
Not saying I don't have a few failed promises. I do. But it is mostly to my nieces and nephews. I told them I would buy them a bike if they did well at school. They did well but I have not bought them the bike. But it is in my mind and I would fulfil it soon.

I wouldn't lie there are times that I promise to be for people money but I couldn't do so again. Well it is not exactly my fault, some unforeseen occurrences came up which is why I could not fulfill the promises again. But I make sure that I apologize for it

I promised my mother that I would have a good job and help her financially, but I failed. Now I don't have a very cool job and I can't help my parents. I know that they are not offended by me, but I know that my mother is definitely not proud of me

Actually i think everyone does this thats why i really don't like to make promises because may be i will fulfilled it on certain time or not i am hardly make promise to any one

Back