Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

Which instrument has the funniest sound?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa

Reaction score
I attended music clubs for a long time and learned to play the violin, and also attended singing lessons for 1 year and heard the sound of many instruments, although only the more advanced ones were taught at my school. Of course, the best for me is the violin, but the funniest, but not the worst, is the harmonica, because any sound with it is fun.

I have never thought in that way. I have listened to a lot of instruments but never felt that any instruments made funny sound. However, when the player does not have skill to play the instrument, all instruments will make funny sound. But it is not the instrument that is at fault, it is the fault of the player.

I have never thought in that way. I have listened to a lot of instruments but never felt that any instruments made funny sound. However, when the player does not have skill to play the instrument, all instruments will make funny sound. But it is not the instrument that is at fault, it is the fault of the player.
For when someone does not know how to play an instrument, the sound does not seem funny, on the contrary, it is very annoying because the wrong notes sound very disgusting and not funny. But there are some instruments that even when played correctly have a very funny sound.

For when someone does not know how to play an instrument, the sound does not seem funny, on the contrary, it is very annoying because the wrong notes sound very disgusting and not funny. But there are some instruments that even when played correctly have a very funny sound.
Keyboard for example, when the wrong notes are being played, or the wrong key, the sound becomes extremely annoying.

A piano? I am not much into music but the piano has a funny but interesting sound.

It is part of many famous compositions so be careful when you call it funny :)

A piano? I am not much into music but the piano has a funny but interesting sound.

It is part of many famous compositions so be careful when you call it funny :)
I also wanted to write to you that you should be careful with this, because in my opinion the piano can have a funny sound only if it is played badly, but in my opinion, ordinary melodies have a very pleasant and simple sound

As a music person myself, no musical instrument sounds funny to me. They all have distinctive melodies that make them perfect fit for certain kinds of songs. The harmonica OP mentioned, there are certain songs I would use it to play as the only accompaniment and it would sound so good, he would even dance.

As a music person myself, no musical instrument sounds funny to me. They all have distinctive melodies that make them perfect fit for certain kinds of songs. The harmonica OP mentioned, there are certain songs I would use it to play as the only accompaniment and it would sound so good, he would even dance.
As a musician, it's hard not to understand because each instrument really has its own unique sound, but some instruments can produce very shrill notes that can seem funny

As a musician, it's hard not to understand because each instrument really has its own unique sound, but some instruments can produce very shrill notes that can seem funny
True. Some instruments have some sounds that you would wonder like what is this noise about. But when a pro handles them, combines, mixes and balances them with a good complimentary equipment, they produce melodies so pleasing to the ears.

In my opinion, the instrument with the funniest and most comical sound is the kazoo. There's just something inherently silly about its buzzing, nasal-like tone. No matter how seriously you try to play it, the kazoo always sounds goofy and jovial.

Back