Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

When was the last time you went for vacation?

arunima25

Veteran

Reaction score
It's the beginning of August and it is our third month into the new academic year. We are coming to the end of our first trimester with August. I resumed work from July after a two months long summer vacation. We went to Phuket and Bangkok ( for a week), made a ten days trip to North of India visiting friends, family and also seeing some tourist spots and temples. And I thought that it was enough vacationing for the year. But just after three months of work, I want to go for a vacation again. Lol! Well, we might not plan that in coming months due to tight work schedule and also schedule of my daughters. But we might find a weekend getaway to some nearby place.
So, how frequently you go for vacation? Or how frequently would you like to go? When was the last time you went for a vacation

I am way over due for a personal vacation. I have never been to one. I had plans last year to go on a vacation, but in the end I was not able to do it. I don't know how this year would go,but I am hoping I will be able to.

Recently, at the end of June, we went on vacation. We went to Kashi Vishwanath in Banaras and Vaidyanath in Deoghar. It was a good tour. The weather was hot, but we spent most of our time in the hotel or in the car, so we didn't find the weather bad.

The last time I was on vacation was with my parents when I was studying at the university. After that, I only had weekends, but not vacations. I made a lot of plans, but I didn't manage to implement any of them.

I would love to go on vacation for every year around June. That is when we have long vacation from my teaching job. But I really can't afford a vacation right now.

I would love to go on vacation for every year around June. That is when we have long vacation from my teaching job. But I really can't afford a vacation right now.
If i should choose a month to go on a vacation, I think it would be in the month of October or maybe in December.

If i should choose a month to go on a vacation, I think it would be in the month of October or maybe in December.

Where as here the kids have summer vacations in the month of May and June so we prefer to make a tour in these months and we make a tour yearly in these months at least for a week.

Where as here the kids have summer vacations in the month of May and June so we prefer to make a tour in these months and we make a tour yearly in these months at least for a week.
That's really nice. October is my birthday month so it's the perfect month for a vacation for me. Though that month is abit jam-packed with some activities.

That's really nice. October is my birthday month so it's the perfect month for a vacation for me. Though that month is abit jam-packed with some activities.

We have festive season during October and November so we try not to make any touring plan and try to spend time at home and celebrate festivals.

We have festive season during October and November so we try not to make any touring plan and try to spend time at home and celebrate festivals.
That's nice though, is it a festival for just your country or location, or is it an international festival?

That's nice though, is it a festival for just your country or location, or is it an international festival?

It is the famous festival Diwali and many other festivals all over the country. It's not an international festival.

For sure l go on holidays once on a blue moon. For now l can't even remember when last l was in a vacation for sure. l feel that l am very financial constrained for me to afford vacations.

I spent my one-week vacation in one of the famous cities in the Philippines, Davao City, the home city of our former Ph President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. I and my cousin enjoyed a lot eating Durian and mangoes. We also went to the People's Park and zoo. One week was not enough. I will be back there in December this year.

Back